Re: New OS Update 5.0.0.607 for Storm2 9550 Available
laine102

I have found that my email folder no longer appears as a messages icon. I can't find it anymore since this update. Does anyone know hoe to fix this. It will still show me that I have xnumber of messages on the left top corner. VERY FRUSTRATING

0 Likes
tcsgreg

After an update on the 9550 the keyboard no longer works within applications in the Downloads folder. I noticed this immediately after the update when a downloaded application stopped working.

I opened the application and all of the settings where gone so I tried to re-enter the information and the keyboard will not work at all inside the application. I removed the application, rebooted, re-installed the application and still no keyboard.

I removed the application, rebooted and downloaded a different application from another company (completely different softare packages) opened it and cannot type in it either.

The applications are SynceJE and Funambol's Sync client. These applications worked fine prior to the update.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

tcsgreg wrote:

After an update on the 9550 the keyboard no longer works within applications in the Downloads folder. I noticed this immediately after the update when a downloaded application stopped working.

I opened the application and all of the settings where gone so I tried to re-enter the information and the keyboard will not work at all inside the application. I removed the application, rebooted, re-installed the application and still no keyboard.

I removed the application, rebooted and downloaded a different application from another company (completely different softare packages) opened it and cannot type in it either.

The applications are SynceJE and Funambol's Sync client. These applications worked fine prior to the update.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

It sounds like a compatability issue between the latest OS and those apps.  Check your settings within each app and then contact each vendor.  More than likely you issue will probably be known to those vendors and they are working on a patch. 

Doc

0 Likes
tcsgreg

Thanks for our reply. Obviously not the answer anyone wants to hear but the most logical at this point.

Seems to be a very strange bug that would effect two completely different applications. I have also read in another forum about a typing problem in BB chat after this update so I suspect in the next couple of weeks we will be hearing about a few more "Unable to type" bugs in the Storm after the update.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Also, with this update it changes how you set your message,SMS,POP email,BES  folder settings. You will notice if you go to the message folder or any of the above and hit the menu button then Options, you will have a new Inbox Settings option.

0 Likes