New Blackberry Tour BB OS 5.0.0.0.591 download has bugs
smwBBerry

I downloaded the new OS yesterday.  Now, keylock button won't stay locked when in holster AND everytime I have a new email, it immediately opens as soon as I take the BB out of its holster.  Not good - what if the email has a virus??????  Plus it's draining the battery.  Where's the fix for this?  What's the point in a keylock button if it won't stay locked? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Blackberry Tour BB OS 5.0.0.0.591 download has bugs
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

smwBBerry wrote:

I downloaded the new OS yesterday.  Now, keylock button won't stay locked when in holster AND everytime I have a new email, it immediately opens as soon as I take the BB out of its holster.  Not good - what if the email has a virus??????  Plus it's draining the battery.  Where's the fix for this?  What's the point in a keylock button if it won't stay locked? 

For the email try changing an option. Go into your general inbox where all your messages come through, hit your menu button and select Options. Click on General Options and scroll down to the bottom. You should see a setting that says "Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster" --- change this setting to NEVER.

A virus in an email shouldn't be too much of a concern because the virus wouldn't be coded for Blackberry anyway, it would be coded for the Windows (or less likely, but still probable, Mac/Linux) operating system. So it won't have any affect on the Blackberry OS.

0 Likes
rgbeall123

Full of bugs! Does your volume control work? My does not after OS update. Did anyone preview this before they put it out????

0 Likes
smwBBerry

Don't have "general options" anywhere that I can see.  Did discover you have to enable a Password and tell it to work when in holster.  But, you can't input the password into the Desktop Manager - it will WIPE completely without warning after you max out the number of chances.  You have to remember to disable the password before plugging into Desktop Manager.  As for email, mine stopped receiving until I called Tech Support to re-activate.  What **bleep** did this new OS????????  At least, my side buttons still work.  Haven't been able to test Mute yet.

0 Likes
smwBBerry

Did find that "general options" button.  Funny -  it was on "never" before the new OS download.  Aaarrgh.

0 Likes
JeremyVan

The new 5.0 software currupts some phones. My phone battery dies in 3 hours on standby, the service goes to small ev and no 1x, wont call, txt, and no data. It goes in and out. Lots of new upgrades though when i does work. Im currently trying to get 4.7 back on it so i have a phone that works. Deems like it doesnt have a problem though until you switch towers. My phone has been searching for service and recieving random configurations of 1xev, 1x, ev, EX,.   My g/f works at a retail store in management and has seen 4 other customers with same problem today. Her phone is also doing the same thing.

0 Likes
Jude526

I am very disappointed in this new OS   I actually downgraded back to the 4.7   It works flawlessly for me so why switch to something that is inadequate?  I have emailed Verizon my issues and complaints.  But I don't think they can really do anything about it.  I am keeping it at the 4.7    The new OS is so overrated.  It isn't worth it.

First of all, a 1+ before area code and phone number   why?   I might be really picky, but this is not necessary on cellular.

And it cannot be deleted.  I also don't like how the email works.  I don't like threaded texting.  So back to the 4.7

It also made my Icon Jawbone not work that great.   Battery was long lasting till I upgraded.  It was suppose to be better.

I think NOT   So if you haven't downloaded it and installed...............don't do it.  Save yourself the  time and aggrevation.

Keep the 4.7

0 Likes
bbuser77

I did the update and my phone is so messed up.  This is horrible. DO NOT do this update.

My battery life is shot.  My phone dies in about 2 hours now, I have 10 text messages that it won't let me read and my phone won't lock with the lock button.  

This update is horrible to send out and whoever wrote this update should not be allowed to write anymore!!!

0 Likes
Lora79

the update wiped out my entire contact list and it won't restore from back-up either.  yet another "glitch"

0 Likes
mschube

I wish I had read these postings before I upgraded the software. Now my phone won't turn on beyond the Verizon Wireless screen. I have tried removing the battery, plugging in to charge, and various combinations and nothing works.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Otherwise I will be the very upset customer at Verizon when they open in the morning!!!

0 Likes