Need adivce!!
hnicholas

So i have had my blackberry storm 2 for about 3 months now.  I have had SO many problems with it - but at the same time lovee what it can do. Before this phone i had the curve, so i was used to how blackberrys work already.  My first problem was that if i set my phone down too hard it would restart (and this would happen about 5 times a day) && if you have a blackberry you would know how freakin long it takes to restart so you could see how annoyed i would get! It comes to find out that it was the battery falling out & going back in - so i fixed it by putting a little piece of business card back there. Well, now i have been having even more problems - the battery draining (im talking completely dead in 9 hours without even touching it), it freezes at times, it will suddenly silence everyting (even if its on loud) && the screen will STICK and wont let me text or push down sometimes. I dont get how a $500 phone could have so many problems? Will verizon let me get a different phone although my 30 days are over? Or is that not an option but maybe i can pay what i have to with the insurance & get a new storm2?

what do you think??

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Need adivce!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you figured out the loose battery trick.  As far as a draining battery, it most likely is caused by your signal fluccuating between 1XEV and a slower signal, such as 1X.  Try updating your PRL while you are in your home area.  While you are in your home area, dial *228 and select option 2.  Allow the recording to finish.  Then, pull the battery and allow to reboot.  Try now and see if you battery lasts a little longer.  Also, if you have any 3rd party apps such as Weatherbug running, that might be draining your battery.  Apps such as that are continually going on the net, updating information.  You can adjust how often this occurs in each program.  I have found from personal experience the signal fluccuation thing drains my Tour's battery very fast.  Might be worth a try.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Need adivce!!
tracyschef

No they won't give you a different type of phone. They will just send you a certified like new phone (which is really a refurbished phone). I am on my 4th tour in 6 months. They claim they can't replace the phone with another type of phone because that is no longer their policy as of Februrary.

0 Likes