Mobile Broandband Connect 1 month free promo...
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Just wanted to let everyone know that Verizon extended it's promotion for providing Mobile Broadband Connect for 1 month free until 9/30/2009. So you can tether up your Blackberry/Smartphone for internet access on your PC for FREE for 30days.

If you've been wanting to try it out but didn't want to pay the price now is your time to add the feature!

Already got mine up and running on my Tour at Rev. A speeds.

Just be sure to call and have the feature removed before your promo period ends of you'll end up paying for it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broandband Connect 1 month free promo...
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

I'm a Tether user (paid) and I think it's great.  Broadband speeds through your BB device is pretty sweet.  I use it to surf the web at work since the gov't continues to block more and more websites for network protection.  Is it my 20meg down 8 meg up that I get with Comcrap?  No, but it's fast enough considering it's OTA.....  Worth every bit of the $30 I pay when I'm on a midshift for 8 hours with nothing going on.  You get 5GB of download which is a lot and will last you the whole month if you limit your useage to websurfing.  This is not meant for downloading music and video or watching your favorite Hulu/Fancast programs. 

Chileman, what are Rev. A speeds out of curiosity?  Am I getting those with the Storm?  I checked the speed one time on speedtest.net and it was like 1 meg down and 900kb up or something close to that.  Again plenty fast for what I use it for but I'm just curious.  Also, check your msgs bro.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broandband Connect 1 month free promo...
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The Storm is Rev A capable, so yes you're getting those speeds.

Rev A speeds are typically 600 kbs-1.4Mbs down and 500-800 kbs up. Rev O speeds are a lot slower at 400-700 kbs down and 60-80 kbs up.

And National Access 1XRTT is molasses slow at 60-80 kbs up/down.

And yes, I've checked my messages. Sorry to not respond, a little backup on private messages/posts right now. Sending you an invite (if BBM decides to work) in 5..4...3...2...

0 Likes