Missing Memos & Tasks
PaulHoffman

I just got a Blackberry Tour.  I am using the Enterprise version (Outlook sync to with my office's Exchange Server).  I installed the desktop software (v.5.0.1) (but the phone shows V5.0.0.591, Platform 4.2.0.284).  I do not have the Memo Pad App nor the Tasks App on the phone.  I reviewed the various posts on similar topics, but there were of no assistance.  I have checked under Applications and neither Memos nor Tasks is there.  I tried "Show All" but still no luck.  I reinstalled the desktop software, but still no luck.  I tried running the App Loader from "Run" without going through the Desktop software, but no luck.  How can I get Memos onto my device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Memos & Tasks
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Did you shrink your OS before downloading?  I'm running .591 on my 9530 (storm 1) and memo and task were there before I installed.  Dumped the tasks but kept memo pad.

You will have to reinstall the OS to get them if they are not in Desktop Manager Applications.

0 Likes
PaulHoffman

Thanks for your reply.

I have no idea what it means to "shrink your OS".  This is my first Blackberry (I'm switching from a Palm Treo) and I want to be sure to have Memos on the new phone so that I can eventually transfer the memos on my old phone, via Outlook (Notes), to the new phone.  I'm starting with a new Tour, fresh out of the box, so it had nothing on it before I started.  I downloaded the installation files for the Desktop Manager from the Blackberry web site.  Except for the fact that the Memo App and the Tasks App do not appear anywhere (not on the program and apparently not on my workstation which has the Desktop Manager) , everything seems fine.  Why do you think that downloading the software a second time, and reinstalling it, would change things?

Paul

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

PaulHoffman wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I have no idea what it means to "shrink your OS".  This is my first Blackberry (I'm switching from a Palm Treo) and I want to be sure to have Memos on the new phone so that I can eventually transfer the memos on my old phone, via Outlook (Notes), to the new phone.  I'm starting with a new Tour, fresh out of the box, so it had nothing on it before I started.  I downloaded the installation files for the Desktop Manager from the Blackberry web site.  Except for the fact that the Memo App and the Tasks App do not appear anywhere (not on the program and apparently not on my workstation which has the Desktop Manager) , everything seems fine.  Why do you think that downloading the software a second time, and reinstalling it, would change things?

Paul

Shrink OS is a program that lets you remove things from your operating system before installing you don't want or need.  Reinstalling the software may install what you are looking for, looks like for some reason they didn't install with the original OS.

I suggest going to the CrackBerry site and take a look at the forums there.  Allot of good information there.

0 Likes