Message Plus resets daily on my Blackberry PRIV
SCEFinance

Nearly every time I turn on my Blackberry PRIV (I turn it off every night), the Message Plus app resets and requires me to go through the setup process. This began a few months back and nothing has changed.  There is a very brief message flashed on the screen that reads "MDN Changed! Resetting App settings...", then it goes into the setup mode.   I noticed similar problems reported with other phones.  I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled, and that works basically until the next power up cycle.  Have cleared the cache (but not data).  Nothing works.  Please help.  This is very annoying!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message Plus resets daily on my Blackberry PRIV
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want your app to reset daily Scefinance. I know how annoying that can be to have to set it up again. Were you able to browse the internet or use any other app successfully? Is anyone else having this issue?

trAmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCEFinance

Yes all other apps and functions on the phone are working fine. As for others having this problem,  I don't know about BlackBerry users but I saw on the community that users of other phones are having this same problem.

George [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

Tel: [removed]

Fax: [removed]

Cell: [removed]

Email: [removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator. ​

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure messaging is quick and easy. Have you checked for any new software updates with the phone? Since it’s saying there’s an MDN change, do you notice any trouble with service or other error messages on the phone?

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SCEFinance

Yes, I’ve done it all.  Uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  Updated.  Cleared cache.  Nothing changes.  All other apps/functions on the phone are fine.  No other error messages.  This appears to be a problem with Message Plus across a number of phone models.

George [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SCEFinance, help is here as I know how important it is to have access to your messages. Let's attempt to rule out some possible issues. What do you experience with the text messaging application that came preinstalled on the device? What do you experience with the device when you completely disable then enable Verizon Messages?

NatashaA_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCEFinance

Message Plus is the only messaging app that I’ve used on this phone.  I never tried the “native” app that was preinstalled on the phone.  Frankly, I’m not sure there was one at all, and that’s why I decided to use Message Plus.  Please note that Message Plus worked fine for many months, but only began doing this daily reset earlier this summer.  Based on the comments from others with different phones, it must be a problem with app and an upgrade that was done around that time.

When I uninstall and reinstall Message Plus, it does through the setup process and then works fine for a day.  Then it goes back to the same problem the next day.

George [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

T. [removed] | M. [removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator. ​

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The information you've provided so far is very helpful SCEFinance . Is the software on your phone up to date. Let's make sure you have the default/native app running. To use the default/native messaging app Select Apps > Settings > More > Default SMS app. Let us know if you have any issues with the steps above. Do you have any other 3rd party text or keyboard apps downloaded to your phone?

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCEFinance

My software on my phone is up to date.  But I do not have the phone’s native messaging app running, and never did but Message Plus worked fine before this summer.  I can’t even find the native messaging app using the instruction below.  I do have Blackberry Messenger, but I don’t want to use that.

There is a problem with Message Plus – that’s the bottom line. It’s not my phone or any other apps on it.

George [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

T. [removed] | M.[removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes