Lost my contacts
Artygirl

I have a Blackberry Bold 9650; just downloaded the new operating system.  Bad and difficult download, froze everything on my computer twice, so I had to unplug the phone and the computer to restart.  Actually, every time I use the Blackberry desktop software, it stops responsing.  Anyway, just realized today that all of my contacts are gone -- is there any way to get them back? I didn't realize how extensive the upgrade would be, nor how badly it would function, so I didn't make sure to backup everything before I started. Setup keeps telling me I have contacts on my SIM card, but it's not true.

I must say that I HATE THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost my contacts
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you updated your device's software with the Blackberry Desktop Software, it should have saved a copy of your contacts in a default backup it performs during the initial installation.  Look in your My Documents folder and see if there is a file named Backupxxxx.ipd.  The file with the .ipd extension is the backup and if you have it on your computer, then you are in luck.  All you need to do is to use the Blackberry Desktop Software to restore your previous settings and your contacts will be restored. 

If you unplugged your phone during the installation proceedure, then chances are the software did not get installed properly on your Bold.  If you are having problems with your device, then you might want to reinstall either the latest OS 6 software or downgrade back to the OS 5 operating system for your device.  The installation time for upgrading your device's software can vary, but usually takes about 35 to 45 minutes.  If you have problems, you can go to a Verizon store, not one of the kiosks, but one of the corporate stores and they will load the OS for you to get your device up and running, if it is not running properly. 

Hope this helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lost my contacts
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you updated your device's software with the Blackberry Desktop Software, it should have saved a copy of your contacts in a default backup it performs during the initial installation.  Look in your My Documents folder and see if there is a file named Backupxxxx.ipd.  The file with the .ipd extension is the backup and if you have it on your computer, then you are in luck.  All you need to do is to use the Blackberry Desktop Software to restore your previous settings and your contacts will be restored. 

If you unplugged your phone during the installation proceedure, then chances are the software did not get installed properly on your Bold.  If you are having problems with your device, then you might want to reinstall either the latest OS 6 software or downgrade back to the OS 5 operating system for your device.  The installation time for upgrading your device's software can vary, but usually takes about 35 to 45 minutes.  If you have problems, you can go to a Verizon store, not one of the kiosks, but one of the corporate stores and they will load the OS for you to get your device up and running, if it is not running properly. 

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes