Is there a certain format that a song need to be in?
cakeandjelli

I just bought the Blackberry curve and the salesman told me that I can load any song off of itunes and it would go right onto the phone.  But when I tried to load them it only loaded certain songs.  Is there something that I'm missing.  I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a certain format that a song need to be in?
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Is any of the music that is not playing bought through Itunes? if it is its locked by DRM.

Below are three options: 

1.try this if your music is on the memory card: go to options>memory>
- turn "media card support" off. go back to the main options menu pressing "save" when the prompt comes up. Go back into the "memory" menu. Turn media card support to "on" then quit options making sure to also save again. When you go to the music app, the phone will rescan all of your songs. They should all be there unless because of DRM. 

2.I've also noticed that sometimes when MP3's are added to iTunes they still wont be transferred to the media card via Media Sync. If this is the case then right click on the track while in iTunes and on "Create AAC Version" and it should work.

3.I f that doesnt work do a battery pull  and then let your phone restart if you still do not see them you will have to reformat your SD card.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a certain format that a song need to be in?
Gb755c
I thought Apple was supposed to make all their music on iTunes DRM free by the end of April. 
0 Likes