Internet Connection FAIL - Help!
tiahnaleigh

I've checked everything I could find, but I can't get my Blackberry Tour to connect to the internet.  It was connected earlier and then when I tried to check a website, it said it could not connect.

I tried rebooting my phone by powering off as well as taking the battery out.

Under MANAGE CONNECTIONS, "mobile network" has a check beside it, as well as a green check after it and Verizon next to it (so I know I'm connected and it's set to the right network).

Under SERVICES STATUS, it says "BlackBerry Internet Service Connection:  not connected".

WHAT DO I DO?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection FAIL - Help!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  Let me start by asking you about your connection.  From the main screen, what does the connection look like next to the signal bars?  Does it say 1XEV or 1xev in lower case letters?  If it is in lower case, then you can not connect to the internet.  All you can do is send/recieve SMS, MMS and make calls.  Let me know and we can go from there.

Doc

0 Likes
tiahnaleigh

It's all lower case.  1xev.  How can I change this?  I need internet access for work.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

In the Options>Mobile Network, there is Network Technology.  My Tour came default on Global.  I changed this to 1XEV and have not had any problems.  Try this and see if that fixes your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
tiahnaleigh

Nope.  Still can't connect.  This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Go back to the Options>Mobile Network>and change the Data Services to OFF.  Wait about 10 seconds and then change it back to ON.  See if anything happens.

Doc

0 Likes
tiahnaleigh

Still nothing.  Is this a network problem?  Like not enough coverage?  Or is it my phone?

Because I'm in the same place I am every day and have never had any problems with the coverage.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

That is all I know to do for now.  One other thing is that the tower to which you are connecting is being worked on or having problems.  If you get a chance, ride around to different parts of your city and see if your connection changes when you connect to different towers.  It may just be a Verizon problem and not your phone.  If you see that you still have problems, I would try to swap my phone for a new one.  I am sorry we could not solve the issue tonight.  Keep me informed to the status of your problem.

Sincerely,

Doc

0 Likes
JLMEMT

It seems to be a Verizon network issue of some sort.  I did not get any emails all day yesterday, did not try internet.

Tonight we can not get any data conection between two BBs and 4 laptop cards.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

That's what I thought.  It is probably a problem at the tower next to where you are trying to connect.  If it is a former Alltel tower, it is possible they are working on it as part of the transition to VZW.  Verizon stated that the transition would take a few months and that may be what is happening.  Let me know how it goes when you travel about connecting to different towers.  I'll bet you'll have good connection.

Doc

0 Likes