IF STORM 2 JULY RELEASE IS TRUE TIME FOR ANGER!!!?
HS

If the suggestion that Verizon may release the Storm 2 in June or July are true- what if we all pound Verizon with our anger? Phone calls, mass appearance at stores? After all they duped us into showing up in droves for the release and have yet to fis the OS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IF STORM 2 JULY RELEASE IS TRUE TIME FOR ANGER!!!?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Well I'm going to risk speaking about this one more time.   I fully understand the anger and desire to lash back.   However, it might be prudent to hold off for a bit on anything drastic just yet.   I say that because RIM/Verizon just may do the right thing and make an extremely attractive offer to exisiting Storm I owners providing them with an upgrade to the new device for little or nothing.   I say they "might" . . . we just don't know yet and it might be wise to just wait and see.

In the event, they continue to keep existing owners out to dry without doing anything for them "then" such action is wholeheartedly deserved and understandable.   What absolutely shocks me more than anything is the fact that they are still to this very day selling the Storm I to people.   They know the device is not right and they know they are rushing to replace it yet the quest for profits at any cost continues.   Yes, I know the thirst for profit is what companies live for . . . but in some cases it's just wrong.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
HS
Not sure I agree with your naive optimism DC. Verizon hasn't made a single official statement regarding the well known problems with the Storm. If you believe their ads the device is amazing in it's capabilities. Furthermore as is evident in the other OS forum, people are **bleep** -and deserve to be. Verizon is treating this the way Audi did when they had pedal stick problems- and Audi ultimately got burned. Talks of a class action suit make great sense if Verizon doesn't quickly step up to the plate. Hopefully someone from the company actuallu reads these posts.
0 Likes
ticoloco
T-mobile was recently burned by a class action lawsuit. Verizon, I hope will do the right thing. It doesn't have to be a free phone, but some considerable discount towards an upgrade, without a contract  extension. That will quiet the masses, Im sure. That is my opinion. I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING VZ.
0 Likes
rwn

I am a late purchaser of the storm.  I feel like I have been had.  I was told in the store "the phone is a little sluggish, but an update should be out next week to improve on this issue".  It has been 3 months now.  All I want is a phone that works.  As far as the posts suggesting to give up on the phone, shouldn't RIM and Verizon take these products back?  How is it that a class action suit has not taken place yet? 

0 Likes
ticoloco
I say let the swarm begin. Im sure they can do better. THEY ARE THE NETWORK!!!!!
0 Likes
Dunc

I too am angry about the delay in making the Storm a usable device!

Being a VERY long time Verizon customer I have been sold on their network.  I tend to travel into wierd places and can generally get a good signal there.

I wanted a iPhone because of the apps and WI-FI but bought the Storm because of the network and that it is suppoosed to be a world phone.  I got a OS upgrade shortly after my December purchase and was pleased thinking that Verizon would continue to be releasing a string of updates as thety worked out the bugs of this new product.

Now after waiting for months for a new OS upgrade, even with Verizon Store Customer Service folks trying to make my phone more responsive (And claiming that a now OS shold be released "in the next month" I see other carriers releasing OS versions that Storm users who have installed those are claiming is making their phone more responcive... and not a peep from Verizon.

Now there are apparently rumors floating around, that seem to have some basis, that a Storm 2 will be released.  That is fine with me and I hope it is a superior product.  It sounds like it will be similar to the Storm that Rogers Communication is releasing in Canada with WI-FI.

When that happens, I believe that Verizon owes the current Storm owners the ability to up-grade to the new one for a token payment of less than $100.00.  They do owe it to us Beta Test users of the 9530!  (Or at least Ifeel we have been beta testing their 9530!

If that offer is not made, I would be more than happy to join in a class action suite too!

Does anyone know if Verizon monitors these lists?

If not all we say is wasted {word filter avoidance}

If it is not, I will begin writing letters complainaing rather than bagdgering Verizon Store Techs.

Message Edited by KaLin on 05-20-2009 01:16 PM
0 Likes
dennis1956

I will be glad to join a class action law suit. I've been lied to from the start. The rep who sold me this thing said that very thing. "It's got some issues, but will be fixed in a couple of weeks" .That was almost 6 months ago. Each two week period I've called asking about up-dates to the OS, nothing. What if I stopped paying my bill? How long would the company wait? If there's no fix or FREE replacement soon, people should start returning these turkeys and demanding refunds for the money spent and monthly bills. I'm so disappointed in Verizon. They have not even had the common decency to send out emails or letters addressing this problem. Shame on them and shame on me for allowing this to continue.

Message Edited by dennis1956 on 05-20-2009 10:52 AM
0 Likes