I like my Storm.
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I've had my Storm since mid-March. I really like it. It freezes occasionally (but so did my trusty LG EnV2). I installed Quickpull and have it automatically reset the phone in the middle of the night which is a kind of silly thing to have to do. But other than that, it's a great phone. As I have a one year contract, I may consider upgrading next year if something much better comes along (sadly, there's probably not going to be a VZW iPhone by then).

Just posted for some balance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I like my Storm.
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

I like my Storm as well. denis1956 I did take it upon myself to do something about it. I installed a leaked OS. Phone is not 100% more like 89% but it's better than 25% with that official that VZW has now. Check this out...VZW is currently testing v4.7.0.148. The way I understand it is that they are in the final testing days of this OS. It's coming.... Believe it may not be .148 but it won't be that crap that all the other carriers pushed out on their customers.

Anyway, I like that I could do something about it on my own without VZW telling me I could not. See the way I see it, installing that leaked OS would be like installing any other app that you find for your Storm for download. VZW couldn't possibly say "Well, your device is out of warranty because you installed a leak but you can install any other 3rd party software." Not plausible.

Software doesn't fault hardware....simple....Just my opinion...

I feel your pain. I'm just turning my frustration into something I can actually be proactive with...

Yeah, I'll get the Odin when it comes out.. Better hardware.....Better platform...can't wait.

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

"But other than that"....This is acceptable? You paid for something, and a premium price I might add, that doesn't work right and you have to take it upon yourself to try and make it work right?

How often do you have to reboot your computer? Cell phones, especially something like a Blackberry are computers, heir to all their flaws and virtues.

0 Likes
dennis1956

How often do you have to reboot your computer?

Rarely, if ever. Usually after an up-date of a program like Norton Anti-Virus, Spybot, Adobe Photoshop, MS XP etc. It never just reboots by it's self. If it did I would have Customer Service of what ever company was involved to help determine the problem, then if it was a bug in an up-date they would be QUICK to respond to the issue. If my lap top or desk top were freezing just in simple use I have Customer Service from Dell to help. All the companies I've mentioned issue up-date notices on a regular basis. Microsoft, Bless their hearts, even calls it like it is...."Here's a fix for a problem we KNOW exist".

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
I really don't feel like arguing. I like the Storm. I'm perfectly satisfied with its performance. You may or may not agree. That does NOT change my feelings about it.
0 Likes
dennis1956
You asked a question. Did you not want an answer?
0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
My apologies. Thank you for your answer.
0 Likes