I just want to CRY
nubinger

So I have been having an ongoing issue with my blackberry for the last 10 days, sometimes I cannot call out or recieve calls, sometimes I can make calls but the person on the other end cannot hear me, sometimes I cannot text or use my data. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I am spending hours a day on the phone or at the store, and nothing is getting any better. Finally on Sunday they put in a trouble ticket and at this time I asked if they cannot resolve it with this trouble ticket can I be released from my contract without paying the ETP?  I was overjoyed when the girl told me yes. I waited patiently until today (still having problems) and I am told the issue is resolved.  Well guess what? The issue is not resolved!

I call customer serivce and at first I am told the Blackberry division won't even talk to me, the Tech lady I am talking to puts me in the que so they HAVE to talk to me. I talk to the first blackberry guy and explain my situation, and although he was very nice the message added up to "suck it up there is nothing we can do. You have to keep paying for a service you can't use."  I ask to talk to the Supervisor who tells me that there is a nationwide blackberry issue. There has been an issue for weeks!  I don't care!  I explained what I was told previously and he said he had to use the warrently on my phone to issue me a new one. I don't have a warrently because I didn't buy the phone from Verizon.  Finally he says he needs to talk to the technicians to see if there is an issue that can be resolved or if he can let me out of contract. He said he would call me back by 7 pm, which he did. He was very nice and I felt bad getting upset at him but I am frustrated.

The bottom line is that I have been patient and tried to let them fix the issue, I have been paying for a service I can't use, and I don't have time to spend 45 minutes to 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service every day!  It is getting ridiculous!  The end result is that they say they need to do ANOTHER ticket and work on the tower and if that is not it then it is most likely a "device issue" (ie buy another handset because we are not letting you out of contract) I just don't know what to do anymore, I just want to cry. Do I have ANY recourse at all?  The BBB perhaps?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful, I am from Upper Michigan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just want to CRY
gozips

I basically have the exact same issues as you.  I called up VW last night and told them of the issues that I've been having...not receiving full texts, trackball wack, people on the other line saying that I sound like I'm in a tunnel, screen freeze, and TERRIBLE memory.  All I get is yes the phone is defective, please send the phone in and we'll send you a replacement.  Oh and for your troubles, here's a credit to your account.  That's great and all, but this will soon be my 3rd BlackBerry Tour in 5 months.  I don't want another **bleep** phone.  I have been a loyal VW customer for 7 years and now am considering breaking my contract to go with something else.  Otherwise all we can really do is deal with it.

0 Likes
Re: I just want to CRY
nubinger

I filed a complaint with BBB (www.bbb.org chose New Jersey Verison Headquarters) and with the FCC

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

I have gotten such a run around from Verizon I felt it was my only recourse.  It is worth a try to help with your problems!

0 Likes