How do i get music from computer to my storm?
Dummyphoneguy

Can anyone help this dummy?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i get music from computer to my storm?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

It is easy.  I will tell you how to use Mass Storage to transfer music.

You can transfer any kind of file, pictures, music, documents, to and from your Blackberry and computer with Mass Storage. First make sure you have it enabled on your Blackberry. Press the Menu key and go to Options>Memory>Mass Storage Mode Support change to ON and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected check Prompt. Press the Menu key and Click Save. Now using the data cable that came with your device, connect your BB to your computer. A prompt on your BB with ask do you want to use Mass Storage, click Yes. Now your PC will recognize your BB as a separate drive (Mine is M and you can check the Autoplay window to Open folder to view files. Your default folder on the BB is called Blackberry. Click on that to get subfolders and you will see where your pictures are located. You can now copy and paste exactly what you want to your PC. This method is a lot faster than using the Desktop Manager or any other software.

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Dummyphoneguy

Not seeing an options tab?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Is there an icon on your home screen that looks like a wrench? On my BB, which is older than Doc's, I have to go to Media Card after opening Options, but then the same menu is there.

Once I open Windows Media Player on my PC to access my music libary, and hook up the BB via a USB cable, I drag the songs to the right sidebar, then select Sync. (If it doesn't automatically recognize the BB device, you may have to select Refresh Devices from the top menu under Sync.)

But, you can also drag and drop into the BlackBerry folders, as Doc said, either directly to the BB, or by inserting the microSD card into a card reader and putting it in your computer.

Good luck!

0 Likes