How do I prevent 1 plus dialing on my BB 8330?
Absinthe1
When I miss a call and click send to redial, my phone adds a 1 to the beginning of the phone number.  Since most of my calls are to my "friends and family" adding this 1 adds to my time used, instead of being free time. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I prevent 1 plus dialing on my BB 8330?
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure about the 8830 but on the Storm when you bring up the keypad and hit the BB button you can go into options>smart dialing>Use 1 for National Calling>no......and see if that works.  Let us know.

-Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away.

Get it here---> http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=27660&n=QuickPull-v2-(BETA)

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

0 Likes
Geekological

LOWFLYER is definetly correct. Your 8830 has that option to manage domestic/international calling.

However, I don't think that the addition of the +1 before the 7 digit MDN affects your actual minute usage. The Switch should need to recognize only it's  area code, prefix and end number to complete the call. Plus the Switch would also verify the MEID or serial code of the terminating device, thus confirming it's legitamacy. So +1 shouldn't affect it from being recognized as a Friends & Family or VZW number.

I would check to make sure those #s you were calling are infact in your Friends & Family list. 

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
+1 with Geekological, adding a 1 should have no effect on useage charges to ppl in your friends and family list.  Good call.
0 Likes
Absinthe1
Thanks Lowflyer!  This worked.
0 Likes
Absinthe1

Beware, as the numbers I called are definitely in my Friends and Family list, but show up as charges because of the 1plus dialing.  I verified this with Verizon and if you read the description of F&F the specifics are:

Friends & Family allows you to pick a set number of telephone numbers, on any network, and talk with these friends without using your plan minutes. Please note: telephone numbers must be entered in standard, ten digit format; only domestic landline or wireless numbers (other than directory assistance, 900 numbers, or customer's own wireless or voice mail access numbers) may be added; all qualifying lines on an account share the same Friends & Family numbers, up to the account's eligibility limit.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes