How do I fix the problems I have had since the most recent update?
C3Holland

So I downloaded and installed the new OS on January 31, 2014. Ever since it has been installed my Z10 is sucking through the battery in less than 3 hours and this is with Bluetooth/Wifi, well all connections besides mobile network and data disconnected. It has also become severely slow. Before the update I could have my phone off the charger for at least 8 hours sometimes 10 before needing to charge it up, keep in mind this is also with Bluetooth and WIFI on and connected.

When I took it to the Verizon store I get the traditional troubleshooting steps that should be followed for a typical problem and was told that if it was still happening in a few days to come back and they could get me a new battery. Well all the way until I got the update my phone was fine, battery worked great and phone was not slow or laggy at all. Now when i go to text someone I have to wait about 10 seconds before I can even select the field to start typing the text to them.

Is anyone else having the same problems? I did not see any similar posts on here but surely I can't be the only one dealing with this??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems after updating to 10.2.1.537
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I have been thinking about this problem for the past day or so, and the only thing I can think is that perhaps your device had a bad download.  Perhaps one of the files is corrupted or something.  I would suggest a reload of the 10.2.1 software by using the BlackBerry Link program.  If you connect your device to a computer with BB Link installed, you should have an option to reload the device OS software.  I would try that and see if things get better.  I guess it couldn't hurt to try.  Let us know if you do and what your results are.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to improve your phone's battery life C3Holland! I understand that this issue started after software update. First thing I recommend after a software update is a factory reset, please follow steps at this link http://vz.to/11170vd as this will clear any potential operating system conflicts and/or corrupted files. If a factory reset does not improve battery life, I recommend visiting the store as recommended by them and get a new battery. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

FWIW, I turned my phone off, removed the battery, reinstalled the battery and turned the phone back on.  Although different issues, doing that got everything back to normal. Someone on the CrackBerry forums was suggesting that if you removed the battery while the phone was still on then reinstall the battery and turn the phone back on the issue with short battery life would be resolved.  I can't vouch for that method, but, giving it a shot might be worthwhile if my first suggestion doesn't help.  BTW, my phone has been working great.  Hope yours ends up working as well as mine does.  Good luck.

0 Likes
C3Holland

I did try the batt pull while still on and it seemed to help a bit, but still having major problems so they are sending me another Z10 but I have to use the battery that I have already. We will see if it works. If not we will have to negotiate a new Z10 or a different phone. I love BlackBerry and VZW but after this experience they have been far from helpful. Thank you for giving me more troubleshooting tips though. I appreciate it!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I have been thinking about this problem for the past day or so, and the only thing I can think is that perhaps your device had a bad download.  Perhaps one of the files is corrupted or something.  I would suggest a reload of the 10.2.1 software by using the BlackBerry Link program.  If you connect your device to a computer with BB Link installed, you should have an option to reload the device OS software.  I would try that and see if things get better.  I guess it couldn't hurt to try.  Let us know if you do and what your results are.

Doc

0 Likes
C3Holland

Thank you for the help!
VZW sent me a replacement phone and when i changed over battery/simcard/etc and updated it everything is now working fine so I'm guessing you were right and it was a bad download.
Thanks again all for your help and opinions!

0 Likes