Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
How do I convert a voice note to a ring tone
gr8fandini

I know I've done this before but I can't seem to figure out how I did it. Might have been on a different phone but I can't remember. I have a storm 1st gen. Can anybody help me?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How do I convert a voice note to a ring tone
StreetDocRN
Champion

gr8fandini wrote:

I know I've done this before but I can't seem to figure out how I did it. Might have been on a different phone but I can't remember. I have a storm 1st gen. Can anybody help me?

Hi,

To use a voice note as a ringtone, you would have to convert the file to a compatilbe file for ringtones such as a mp3 file.  You can search on Google for ringtone creator software for doing such a project.

Doc

0 Likes
gr8fandini

I've done this before with out converting anything. Just recorded something and saved it as a ringtone. I know on my LG I had to send it to myself as a text before I could save it as a ringtone, however that doesn't seem to work with my Storm. Do different phones save the sound bite under a different software code?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion

Hi,

Blackberry devices save voice notes with an .amr file extension.  You would need to convert the .amr file to a .mp3 or comparible file.

Doc

0 Likes
gr8fandini

OK, what is an easy way to convert the file. EASY please, I'm pretty much a dumb a$$ when it comes to doing stuff like this.If I need other equipment to do this I have several different phones in my family, a razor and a LG VX9400. We also have a MAC book and I have a windows based desk top with windows xp on it. Can I convert these files simply by using the Storm or do I need to use something else?

0 Likes