How do I convert a voice note to a ring tone
gr8fandini

I know I've done this before but I can't seem to figure out how I did it. Might have been on a different phone but I can't remember. I have a storm 1st gen. Can anybody help me?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How do I convert a voice note to a ring tone
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

gr8fandini wrote:

I know I've done this before but I can't seem to figure out how I did it. Might have been on a different phone but I can't remember. I have a storm 1st gen. Can anybody help me?

Hi,

To use a voice note as a ringtone, you would have to convert the file to a compatilbe file for ringtones such as a mp3 file.  You can search on Google for ringtone creator software for doing such a project.

Doc

0 Likes
gr8fandini

I've done this before with out converting anything. Just recorded something and saved it as a ringtone. I know on my LG I had to send it to myself as a text before I could save it as a ringtone, however that doesn't seem to work with my Storm. Do different phones save the sound bite under a different software code?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Blackberry devices save voice notes with an .amr file extension.  You would need to convert the .amr file to a .mp3 or comparible file.

Doc

0 Likes
gr8fandini

OK, what is an easy way to convert the file. EASY please, I'm pretty much a dumb a$$ when it comes to doing stuff like this.If I need other equipment to do this I have several different phones in my family, a razor and a LG VX9400. We also have a MAC book and I have a windows based desk top with windows xp on it. Can I convert these files simply by using the Storm or do I need to use something else?

0 Likes