Help! BB icon question....
littlegirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

On the top left hand corner  of my Bold 9650 between the sound icon and the date/time is the number 2 and the blackberry icon picture....what is that and how do I get rid of it? I am new to BB so I am confused!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help! BB icon question....
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Blackberry Messenger is a really cool app.  If you have family and/or friends with a Blackberry, you can instant message, send voice files, photos, etc.  I use it regularly with my family and friends, even some of the folks right here in these forums.  If you want to know more about it, go to Blackberry's web site at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/blackberrymessenger/ for more info.  If you just want to get rid of the icon from the top of your phone, click on BBM and then cancel out of the program and it will disappear.  It might reappear at a later time, but that is all you have to do to get rid of the icon.  Hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I don't have a Bold, but it sounds like you might have 2 BB messenger messages. Do you use BBM?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

littlegirl wrote:

On the top left hand corner  of my Bold 9650 between the sound icon and the date/time is the number 2 and the blackberry icon picture....what is that and how do I get rid of it? I am new to BB so I am confused!

Hi,

If it is a blue icon, it is the Blackberry Messenger.  If it is a round, Black icon it will be telling you of an update for one of your apps in Blackberry App world.

Doc

0 Likes
littlegirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Doc,

Thanks for answering.....yes the icon is blue... Being new to Blackberry I have never used nor do I  know how to use Blackberry Messenger! LOL ....I will just live have to live with that on my screen.....

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Blackberry Messenger is a really cool app.  If you have family and/or friends with a Blackberry, you can instant message, send voice files, photos, etc.  I use it regularly with my family and friends, even some of the folks right here in these forums.  If you want to know more about it, go to Blackberry's web site at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/blackberrymessenger/ for more info.  If you just want to get rid of the icon from the top of your phone, click on BBM and then cancel out of the program and it will disappear.  It might reappear at a later time, but that is all you have to do to get rid of the icon.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
littlegirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Doc....I tried Messenger...luv it....

0 Likes