Has the Blackberry 10.2.1 official update been released?
MKEJamie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have the Verizon Blackberry 10.2.1 official update yet?

My phone says it has the "latest" software upgrade of 10.1.0.4189.

The Blackberry website says the upgrade is available to carriers.

Please help Verizon!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry 10.2.1 official update on my Q10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MKEJamie,

The Blackberry Q10 is a SUPER awesome device! With so many features & benefits, what's there not to love! I'm glad to see that you are passionate about software updates. While there isn't any official info on if/when an update will be available, a great way to stay in the know is to visit our news site. Here's a link so you can check it out. http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sometimes, if you reboot the phone, it might detect the update. You can also try connecting your device to your computer and using the Blackberry software to get the update. Another way would be via BlackBerry's website on a computer, with your device connected.

Doc

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MKEJamie,

The Blackberry Q10 is a SUPER awesome device! With so many features & benefits, what's there not to love! I'm glad to see that you are passionate about software updates. While there isn't any official info on if/when an update will be available, a great way to stay in the know is to visit our news site. Here's a link so you can check it out. http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The 10.2.1 software update is available for ALL BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 devices. Follow my instructions above and it will be there. On a side note, if you are running a leaked 10.2 software version, you will have to uninstall by downgrading, then installing the official Verizon 10.2.1. Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
MKEJamie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Doc

I will try your options again. I don't have a leaked version downloaded.

When I originally tried your suggestion, both the phone and bblink said I

had the latest software. I'll try to get it right from the BlackBerry

website.

I'll let you know. Thanks!

MKE Jamie

On Saturday, February 1, 2014, StreetDocRN <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mjfein

Jamie. Did you ever get your Q10 software to update from Verizon?  Doc said it was available for Q10 Feb 1 but I've read it will not be available til tomorrow Feb 4. Thanks. 

0 Likes
MKEJamie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mifien/Doc

I was not able to get mine to update and I don't have a leak previously

downloaded.

Unless, I'm doing something wrong...but updating a phone seems to be pretty

straight forward.

Hopefully it is pushed out today.

0 Likes
Jreid518
Enthusiast - Level 1

How in gods name does verizon never had a straight forward answer. Everything is all over the net regarding this update. For a software update theirs a lot of running around the bush I feel. We want 10.2.1

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

After researching other forums, it does seem the update should be rolled out for the Q10 today. Blackberry released the update a couple of weeks ago to carriers and the carriers determine how it will be released. According to the roadmap release, it should be today, so keep checking back.

Doc

0 Likes
gortfulcanelli

I am also having a problem updating my Blackberry Q10 serviced by VZW. Smiley Sad

I was informed by a developer that wanted me try his latest app it required the 10.2 upgrade. That was Saturday 2.1.14. Since then I have been looking for the 10.2 update for my device, which states I already have the latest update: 10.1.0.4189.

Today I decided to do a complete wipe, after fully backing up of course, when Blackberry Link also stated I had the latest update. After a successful wipe and reinstall to Factory settings the device kept updating. Latest, according to the device? 10.1.0.4189.

Then I attached it to my desktop and connected to Blackberry Link. Search for latest update: result? I already have the latest. 10.1.0.4189!

How can I get the latest official update installed on my device? I tried everything that is in the book, so to speak. I would hate to go draconian and go to a site such as Crackberry, as good as that site is, to get an update the provider apparently has available but the applicability, and thus its download and installation, is not recognized for my device either over the VzW network or through Blackberry Link.

Open to all suggestions.

Thank you, in advance,

Don L

0 Likes