Getting Backup Assistant to Work
JamesRyan

I had the Backup Assistant pushed to my 8330.  Though I use the desktop manager, this would be helpful.

However, after the initial install, I have begun to run the setup.

Each time, I receive "Backup Assistant has encountered an error. Please close Backup Assistant and try again."

I have updated my roaming (as suggested), re-installed, re-booted...nothing.

It recognizes my phone as a "+1" and ten-digit.  I don't know if the "+1" is messing with it...or what.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Backup Assistant to Work
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Resetting the backup assistant application could resolve the issue that you have encountered. I provided a link to step by step directions on resetting backup assistant and downloading and configuring it to troubleshoot your issue: http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=16286&supportview=1&p=-1

You can view many back up assistance guides and tutorials by going to www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant

I hope that this was helpful for you!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi

I have a Curve 8330... insurance replacement.

As recommended... used Backup Assistant to move my contacts from the old phone

I was on the phone w/Verizon for an hour last night (until my cordless's battery died) trying to get Backup Assistant to run on the new phone.  No success.

I have loaded and reloaded Backup Assistant at least 6 times.  Rebooted after every step.  Changed all permissions and default permissions to 'ALLOW'  NOTHING works.

I keep getting the message that "Backup Assistant has encountered an error.... try again"

I need a Verizon tech guy to tell me what's up with this.  I don't have endless hours to setup my phone.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

When you changed all permissions and default permissions to "ALLOW," do you click "MENU" and click "SAVE?":smileywink:

0 Likes