Garmin Mobile GPS for my Verizon BB Storm
jp9011
I want to purchase the Garmin Mobile GPS from Blackberrys website. For my BB Storm. I checked with Verizon and they said they would NOT block usage of it. Is that true? Has any one else downloaded this app? Any problems?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Garmin Mobile GPS for my Verizon BB Storm
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello jp,

Well if VZW said they won't, then there you go. Think about it. You bought the same data plane that all BIS users purchased. This is unlimited data. No Cap. No restrictions on the data. Hope that clears your concern up. Unlimited email to. However, let be clear, Texting is not included unless you are using the BB messenger service. Blackberry to Blackberry. I cannot comment on your 2nd question because I use Blackberry maps which is FREE. Come with your device. You just need to enable you location on your device.

Regards, Michael 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello jp,

Well if VZW said they won't, then there you go. Think about it. You bought the same data plane that all BIS users purchased. This is unlimited data. No Cap. No restrictions on the data. Hope that clears your concern up. Unlimited email to. However, let be clear, Texting is not included unless you are using the BB messenger service. Blackberry to Blackberry. I cannot comment on your 2nd question because I use Blackberry maps which is FREE. Come with your device. You just need to enable you location on your device.

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
jp9011
thanks Michael, I just got this phone last weekend. I am going to look in to the Maps app on the phone.
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

No problem jp. You should have Blackberry Maps already installed on your device. May be located in your applications folder. Kind of looks like a compass. To enable your GPS you will need to select Option (looks like a wrench). From here select Advanced Options then select GPS. Be sure that your tabs read in this order. 

GPS Data Source should read Device GPS

Device Services reads Location ON

Location Aiding is Enabled.

Good Luck 

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes