First Post, a few Questions!!
rayneman

Hi,

I have decided to get a little more current and grab a Blackberry device so I can have my work email at all times.  My employer sets new employees up with T Mobile BB devices, but since I have been with VZ I am allowed to use a VZ device and network and be reimbursed.  My employer will set me up on their enterprise service so I can connect there.

However, since I have a different carrier than our "approved" corporate carrier (T Mobile) we are responsible for purchasing the device.  Since I am over a year away from any discount on a new device (currently have a Dare) I bought a BB Curve on Ebay.  The unit I purchased is a VZ phone.  The seller has "completely wiped everything off the phone" and has reinstalled the OS, so, according to the seller, the phone is as if one were buying it new.

I have yet to really figure out what changes I need to make to my plan for this, but I will rely on VZ to help with that, I find everything online to be very confusing. 

Now, my questions:

1. This phone I purchased (used)...can I simply activate it as I would a new phone?  This phone was previously activated with VZ...how does this work?
  2. I know that I have to have my employer's IT group set me up on their enterprise stuff.  That will take some time, I know, but until then...if I activate this Curve (assuming I can) will I be able to get my non-work email, browse the internet, use text and instant messaging and VZ Navigator just as I do on my Dare?  I assume the only thing my employer really handles is somehow connecting my phone to our email and thats it.  I would think that's all they would handle....with everything else going through Verizon.

I know I won't be able to continue to use VCAST, but is everything else on a BB device pretty much the same (internet browsing, email [e.g. yahoo], AOL Instant Messaging, etc...?  I spoke with a VZ customer service person today who just compounded my confusion about all of this. 

Any help from the VZ community would be greatly appreciated! I hope my questions are clear enough.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: First Post, a few Questions!!
msagkittykat

You will be able to activate it, but will have to pay a activation charge, then you will have to get a BB plan for that phone and number. Once that is done you will be able to set up your personal emails , yahoo. etc on that BB phone....

Hope that helps some :smileyhappy:

Happy Memorial day weekend!

0 Likes
Re: First Post, a few Questions!!
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

Take the phone into your local VZW store. They will set it up for you and add the features necessary to use your company's servers. There is no activation fee if you are adding your own equipment onto an existing number. If you want to transfer contacts from your Dare to the BB, there may be a fee for that.

Best of luck.

0 Likes