Error validating email
Saburn
Our email server at work went down and my BB prompted me to validate my account. This has happened before and there hasn't been a problem getting it back up, but this time it won't work. I know the information I am entering is correct and I am not having problems accessing the email through my laptop. I have co-workers with BBs that are back up and running which makes me think the problem is my BB. I am able to retrieve email from other accounts (Yahoo, etc) without problem. I have done everything I can imagine including turning off the phone and back on, removing the battery to do a hard reset, I deleted the email account and started over -- nothing works. I continue to get the same error: "cannot connect to email server." I took the phone to the Verizon office today and they said they don't know what to do to resolve the problem. Suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error validating email
hazex00110
if your other emails are working i doubt its an issue with the device. mail servers can be fickle sometimes. when you access your email from home are you using outlook or do you have to log in remotely using a browser window? You might talk to your IT guys at work if you have a BES. are you setting up the email from the phone or are you using http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw ?
0 Likes