Dead 9930
mbrich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a BB Bold 9930 that is totally dead.  I purchased, installed and charged a new JM1 battery and it's will not activate/turn on/work.  Took the phone to two local Verizon stores ... no one could offer a solution.  The first store was a retailer who wasn't at all interested in assisting me with the problem - the salesman just want to sell me a new phone although he knew I'd need to pay full price for a new phone (building his commission base).  The second was a Verizon store.  The ver helpful rep, after some testing, simply said, "This phone is dead do you have another that we could use until your contract is up?".  I did have a BB Tour with me and she reactivated that to assist me.

My dilemma is that I had this BB Bold for less than 18 months and Verizon seems to consider it a throw away.  Is there somewhere that repairs BB? 

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dead 9930
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

What happens if you plug in the charging cable? If it turns on, then use the USB cable and your computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software to try and restore your device. Before restoring, try backing up your device with the software. Then, try to restore. Hopefully, your device's software was corrupt and restoring will get you running again.

Doc

Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2151

0 Likes
Re: Dead 9930
mbrich
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

After charging phone with new battery installed the screen was still dead and the phone would not turn on.  I tried restoring but don't think I performed the correct task am going to attempt again.

Mary

0 Likes