Data Plan?
cheri0715

I currently have a Rouge, and my plan includes 25mb data. I want to get a BB Curve, but it says I need to signup for a data plan for $29.99 a month. Do I really need a new data plan even if I already have one???  I am so confused, I thought what I already have is good enough.  Please help and explain in layman's language.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Plan?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

cheri0715 wrote:

I currently have a Rouge, and my plan includes 25mb data. I want to get a BB Curve, but it says I need to signup for a data plan for $29.99 a month. Do I really need a new data plan even if I already have one???  I am so confused, I thought what I already have is good enough.  Please help and explain in layman's language.  Thank you

your 25mb plan is not compatible with the bb.  it requires the 29.99 mb plan

25mb is no where near wnough usage for a smartphone

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Yes, you need to have a 3G Smartphone Data plan.  It is different than the data plan you have now.  You do not need the $30 dollar one, you can get the $15 plan which includes 150 mb of data per month.  If you get a Blackberry with WiFi, you can use the WiFi for as much as you can and get away with using the $15 plan.  If you get a BB without WiFi, then you might go over the 150mb, so you might need the $29.99 plan, which is for unlimited usage.  That is the one I have.  The 3G Smartphone data plans include up to 10 email accounts, data for email, web, instant messaging.  Remember, text messaging is extra and not covered by a data plan.  You will need to consider that in your basic core plan.

Doc

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

the $15 150mb plan was promotional and ended on 1/31.  the only option for a 3g smartphone now is the $30 unlimted

0 Likes