Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Could my old blackberry phone be used on a new Verizon Plan?
Cinnamoncooks4u

Hello,

I had a Blackberry phone that was used on an Alltel plan. When Verizon took over I then used the Blackberry with the Verizon plan. My question is would the Blackberry phone still be usable on another Verizon plan? I have been told that it will not work and want some good advice please...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Could my old blackberry phone be used on a new Verizon Plan?
Ann154
Super User
Super User

It is an Alltel branded phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Could my old blackberry phone be used on a new Verizon Plan?
Cinnamoncooks4u

I guess it is as that is where I purchased it.........would it say on the phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

I believe it would say it somewhere on the phone.  If it is an Alltel branded phone, you can't activate anymore on a Verizon Wireless account.  This restriction went in place sometime in the first half of 2012, I think.  would remember better then I do.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cinnamoncooks4u

I checked the phone but couldn't find where it said but then again the printing is super small and my eyesight is not what it should be anymore....lol

0 Likes