Connection Error Message-Grrr!!
pancake26

Does anyone know how to get rid of a data error message? (If that is indeed what you call it)...  

I downloaded the YouMail blackberry service to my phone and now all I see on my screen is an error message that WILL NOT go away!  It is Sunday night, right before a holiday, and no stores are open for me to go and get help...

The error message is: 

The application YouMail has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall that is not supported by your IT policy

"ok" is located below it, so that you may click on it, but when I do nothing happens and it does not go away.  I cannot call out (for Verizon technical support) nor can I text out!  This is the only phone I have... 

Anyone have any ideas???

Anything to help!!

Thank you...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connection Error Message-Grrr!!
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Pancake,

Sounds like you may need to set the application setting permissions to allow, otherwise I would delete the application then do a battery pull to reset your device.

To check the permission setting goto Option>Advanced Options>Applications>then scroll down to that app you downloaded, select it, then push your menu(Blackberry)button and select edit default permissions. I would make sure that all tabs are set to allow. Be sure to save all your setting if you change any of the tabs by pushing your menu button the selecting save. If this doesn't work the follow this to delete the app. Options>Advanced Options>Applications>scroll down and select the app you want to delete>Menu button>Delete. After you delete the app pull your battery for good measure.

Hope this helps...Good luck

Regards, Michael 

Let me know if this worked please... 

0 Likes
pancake26

Thank you so much!  I will try!  My problem is that the error message takes up almost my whole screen, so I cannot really see my icons or anything... 

One would think that a blackberry application would not cause such a problem on a blackberry device!!  Who knows??? 

Thank You again,

Jamie

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Jamie..

Have you tried doing a battery pull...?Physically take the battery out of the device for about 10-15 seconds. Then let the phone reboot. This may eliminate the message.

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes