Can't add contacts and "all circuits busy" message
Imakeglass

My husband just got his BB Bold for work. First problem, is we can't add a phone number to his contact list from his received calls window. We follow the directions but the option to "add contact" is not there. This is his 3rd BB phone, so he is familiar with how to do this.

Also, if anyone calls him and gets his voicemail, it doesn't go to voicemail, they get "all circuits busy" message. I have Verizon too and I can receive voice messages, but I have an iPhone.

Any hints/help would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't add contacts and "all circuits busy" message
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Bold a Verizon phone?  Did his company configure the phone for his use?  There may be restrictions due to that; can he contact his company rep to see if it's set up to work differently?

A workaround for adding a contact from the received calls would be to add it manually - which I'm sure you've figured out.  I'm not sure why that functionality would be removed though.

Has he set up his voicemail on the BB?  Call *86 and follow the prompts to set it up.  If he has already set it up, make sure call forwarding is NOT set up...   and if this doens't seem to be the case, call customer service (*611 from the phone or 800-922-0204 from any phone) to see if there is an issue with his voice mailbox on Verizon's end.

Enabling Call Forwarding - Device

Immediate Call Forwarding
    1. Dial *72 then the 10-digit phone number.
    2. Press Send then wait for confirmation beeps/message.
Conditional Call Forwarding (no answer)
    1. Dial *71 then the 10-digit phone number.
    2. Press Send then wait for confirmation beeps/message.

Disabling Call Forwarding - Device

1. To turn off Call Forwarding, dial *73.
  2. Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps/message.
  3. To ensure Busy Transfer is off, dial *900.
  4. Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps/message.
  5. To ensure No-Answer-Transfer Call Forwarding is off, dial *920.
  6. Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps/message.
0 Likes
Re: Can't add contacts and "all circuits busy" message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Imakeglass,

Blackberry devices are very reliable as per my personal experience! I would recommend that you husband talk to his employer to confirm what settings and limitations they configure on the device. As indicated by SuzyQ (thank you!) his employer may have some settings that make the phone work the way it does. If he continues to experience issues with his voicemail please have him contact his business account representative, or he can also contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport for further assistance. If he is not listed as an authorized contact (I understand this is a work phone) in the account, please tell him that we may need to contact his employer to access the account and ensure proper provisioning of the voicemail. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes