Can't Send Emails from 8830 / Strange Network Messages
jeffink

Suddenly, I've lost the ability to send emails from my 8830  (it's normally 'attached' to my verizon.net email account).  I receive messages just fine.  I keep getting strange network emails whenever I attempt to send email from my 8830.  Here's an example.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Subject: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 206

AXAOfD0AAAAAIBAIMzFCREMyN0MgE2plZmZpbmtAdmVyaXpvbi5uZXQACXX5dFAFQ01JTUUD

QICAgIESAAAwM0UzMjc0RjArRys1ANcKWgvmMYZ8w7ct5LDA4MIAGfOwnr71MohV688zxWgk

gSz30deZzfQQ10ceYwW+dygfZ2B4VkQDuq77cHeEIKZC4y7kJv1RQ76lI8At21gs/zikDDGF

QY+es3KdORYGJGNfUCJ5d2GRGGosKfC47LVnIXnSKxZ4RKziVopftEbZpJc!

ENDETP -1856444909

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't Send Emails from 8830 / Strange Network Messages
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Are you connected to a BES or was attempted to be connected to a BES?  If not, most likely the message is from an incorrect setup on the Desktop Manager. 

If not using BES, you will need to uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall.  Make sure to NOT set it up to use "redirector".  Then you will have to go to Setup>Advanced Options>Service Books and delete anything that starts with Desktop but particularly Desktop CICAL and Desktop CMIME.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't Send Emails from 8830 / Strange Network Messages
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Are you connected to a BES or was attempted to be connected to a BES?  If not, most likely the message is from an incorrect setup on the Desktop Manager. 

If not using BES, you will need to uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall.  Make sure to NOT set it up to use "redirector".  Then you will have to go to Setup>Advanced Options>Service Books and delete anything that starts with Desktop but particularly Desktop CICAL and Desktop CMIME.

0 Likes