Re: Z30 with 10.2.0.1233 and installing Android applicaitons
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure which "links" you are referring to and what malware you got.  It's not uncommon for some of the cloud storage/download services to "offer" to install other programs.  99% of the time, you have to uncheck a box so that crap isn't installed also.

It's definitely a Down-loader Beware  world out there.

0 Likes
BB_Power
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Quick question, Have you used Sachesi and if so Did it work and which country codes did you use? Also how long did it take.?

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Sachesi works great, I've used it many times.  Downloading the update will vary depending upon your internet speed.  The upgrade process probably takes about an hour, make sure you make a backup with BlackBerry Link first.

For full instructions by John Clark, look here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

0 Likes
BB_Power
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea I found that information I am just wondering which codes u used. For example It defaulted to Vodaphone in the UK when i started sachesi ,did you use the update from that carrier or did you use rodgers (Canada), also are the radios still the same ( meaning i will still be able to make calls) also did you leave the sim card in or not, and did u turn the phone off or not.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

Country Code 234,

Carrier 015

Device Z30

Variant STA 100-2

Mode Upgrade

You can of course use Canada:302, Rogers:720 and Variant:STA100-5

I think that Rogers adds a couple of extra apps that you have to delete, but otherwise is identical.

From what I understand, the Z30 Radios are all the same, but I'm not expert on that.

I don't think it matter if the SIM card is installed or not.  The phone should be on, but you could put it in Airplane mode to prevent phone calls and such coming in during that time.

When I got my Z30, I used an AutoLoader to wipe and install 10.2.1.2141 fresh because I didn't have anything on it.  I have upgraded multiple Z10's and my Q10 using Sachesi.

0 Likes
jsanders
Enthusiast - Level 3

This link is to an instructional to installing Snap for loading android apps:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan...

Here are very clear & detailed instructions on using Sachesi to perform an OS upgrade:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

0 Likes
MustangMan-1

So this is not a defense of Verizon but I did notice that the Sarchesi tool locates files on a Blackberry server not a Verizon or any other carrier server.  So any valid file could be loaded on the server and located by country and carrier codes the model and version.  Or you can just type in a valid version of the OS and find it that way.

The link for a build of 10.2.0.1233 is http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/production/4377068037824c159ae31a299656fe29215990dc

So why can't BB just post the file to the BB server if it is solid code?  What would Verizon have to do with that?  For example:

Capture.JPG

Or looking by version type:

Capture-1.JPG

And a success:

Capture-2.JPG

What I cannot find anywhere is a build for my phone: Z30 STA100-3.  Could it be the code is really not ready???

0 Likes
BB_Power
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what I used Country 234 Carrier 015 Sta-100-2 Mode Upgrade server: Production, Maybe verzion is adding something Idk But i have had the update for about 2weeks with no issues what so ever  it took and hour for the phone to sync yet everything else was normal and running smooth. I still get great battery and Apk apps run smooth, Make sure u us sachesi 1.1.3 as it is the most recent.

0 Likes
MustangMan-1

What version is that? I just did an update for 10.2.1.2141. Have it running for all of 30 minutes and so far do good. Listening to radio as I write this.

0 Likes
MustangMan-1

Duh, I see it is the same version.  Anyway a few key applications do not install well.  Cisco Jabber being the most important to me.

0 Likes