Camera doesn't work...
Kymberley

When I try to use the camera, I get a pop up that says I have other applications running and I have to close them in order to use the camera.  1. How am I suppossed to know which apps are running? 2. I close whatever is open but camera still won't work. 3. I then shut the phone off AND take the battery out and wait an eternity for it to come back up, then the camera works

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera doesn't work...
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Does camera work and then after do you get the same pop up,try and like you said again turn off phone first and then do a battery pull but leave out for 10 minutes if still doesn't work leave it all night and try in morning see if that works if not then you have a hardware issue.  

0 Likes
Kymberley

I have to shut the phone off AND take the battery out for a little while then it works.  I'm wondering if there is a quicker way cuz the phone takes a while to power back up

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

I agree it takes a long time for the BB to load up! I hope I never have to make a call during that time...

As for checking what applications are running, press and hold the menu (RIM) button, the one with 7 dots on the front of the phone. You can then switch to other applications.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

This should not be a everyday thing if you keep on having same problem then you have a hardware issue!

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you get the pop up message and no apps are running by checking like described from previous post you should only be on four apps so if you do you have those 4 apps and get message hardware problem,also when you exit apps hold the return button the little curve arrow or press the menu button and choose to close application on left window manually

0 Likes
Kymberley

Well it's not an EVERYDAY problem, it's more like an EVERYTIME I want to use the camera problem...I will try your suggestion and hopefully it'll work

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would try in wiping device and update software see if that helps hopefully. If not then I Would return phone for another one
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Kymberley wrote:

When I try to use the camera, I get a pop up that says I have other applications running and I have to close them in order to use the camera.  1. How am I suppossed to know which apps are running? 2. I close whatever is open but camera still won't work. 3. I then shut the phone off AND take the battery out and wait an eternity for it to come back up, then the camera works

Kymberley,

I have a Tour and it did not take me long to figure out how to make sure apps close properly on my Blackberry.  Make sure when you exit from an application, you press the Menu key (the one with the BB logo to the left of the trackball) and scroll down to Close or Exit within the app.  A lot of users press the escape key (the one to the right of the trackball) to close apps, but that does not exit the app, it leaves it in the background many times.  After a while, too many apps will slow your device down, decreasing it's performance.  Also, a regular battery pull to refresh your Tour's memory is recommended by Blackberry for all Blackberry devices.  I perform one every day just to keep things running good.  Just a helpful tip.  Also, the Tour takes longer to reboot than, say, a Curve or Pearl.  The reason is because it has a lot more memory it has to go through.  So it will take a couple of minutes.  Mine takes about 4 minutes.  One of the things about the next upgrade for the Tour to 5.0 OS will be that reboots will be a little bit faster.

Doc

0 Likes