Browser extremely slow - HELP PLEASE!
Rar

My browser is EXTREMELY SLOW.  In fact, it takes 30 seconds to a minute to download any site. I make sure I exit all my applications, etc.   I am losing patience quickly.  Is there anything I can do so speed it up?

It isn't the signal, because others who access their blackberries in my office or home, have no problem.

Can someone help please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Browser extremely slow - HELP PLEASE!
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Well, not exactly sure which device your on so I'll be generic with my suggestions.

Probably want to open your browser. Push menu button. Select options. Next, select the cache operations. You will then see a list of commands to clear contents. Just select to clear all contents. Clear history, content cache, pushed content, and finally cookie cache.

After that I would then try the browser. If this corrects your issue, super. If not, try a battery pull. Then try your browser again. Hopefully you will be up a running again. If this doesn't correct you browser, dial *22899.

Hope this helps. Good luck...

Regards, Michael 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Well, not exactly sure which device your on so I'll be generic with my suggestions.

Probably want to open your browser. Push menu button. Select options. Next, select the cache operations. You will then see a list of commands to clear contents. Just select to clear all contents. Clear history, content cache, pushed content, and finally cookie cache.

After that I would then try the browser. If this corrects your issue, super. If not, try a battery pull. Then try your browser again. Hopefully you will be up a running again. If this doesn't correct you browser, dial *22899.

Hope this helps. Good luck...

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
BB-storm-nooby
My guess is you are probably using the Blackberry browser (default) which is very slow at rendering pages. Open the browser then click on the window button got to Options then click on Browser Configuration. Next you will see Browser identification:  and a block which tells you the current browser you are using try either the Internet Explorer or FireFox. I think you will soon find that either of them run much quicker than the Blackberry default browser. It took me a while to find out where to change the browser to anything else that would be faster then the default. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Rar

Sorry for not identifying my phone.  I have the Blackberry Curve.

The current Browser is identified as "Internet Browser".  How do I change it?  I'm trying "Change Option", but nothing is happening. 

BB-storm-nooby wrote:
My guess is you are probably using the Blackberry browser (default) which is very slow at rendering pages. Open the browser then click on the window button got to Options then click on Browser Configuration. Next you will see Browser identification:  and a block which tells you the current browser you are using try either the Internet Explorer or FireFox. I think you will soon find that either of them run much quicker than the Blackberry default browser. It took me a while to find out where to change the browser to anything else that would be faster then the default. Hope this helps

0 Likes