Browser Cache problems
TheOneAndOnly

I've been having problems using the trackball on my blackberry. I'm able to move up and across, but for some odd reason, I can't move down. I went to my local Verizon Wireless store on Saturday and I'll be getting a replacement phone. Now I want to get rid of the cache which includes the cookies that are stored on all the websites that I've visited.

I click on the Browser, hit the Menu button, then I have to click the O button for Options because I can't scroll down using the trackball. I can't find a way to click on Cache Operations. Is there a shortcut to delete all the cache or do I have to reformat it and if so, how do I reformat it?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Browser Cache problems
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

TheOneAndOnly wrote:

I've been having problems using the trackball on my blackberry. I'm able to move up and across, but for some odd reason, I can't move down. I went to my local Verizon Wireless store on Saturday and I'll be getting a replacement phone. Now I want to get rid of the cache which includes the cookies that are stored on all the websites that I've visited.

I click on the Browser, hit the Menu button, then I have to click the O button for Options because I can't scroll down using the trackball. I can't find a way to click on Cache Operations. Is there a shortcut to delete all the cache or do I have to reformat it and if so, how do I reformat it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Try this...turn your phone off.  Then place your phone on a table or other hard surface and press the trackball and roll it around a bit while the trackball is depressed.  Then pull the battery and reboot.  See if it works a little better.

Doc

0 Likes
TheOneAndOnly

StreetDocRN wrote:

TheOneAndOnly wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Try this...turn your phone off.  Then place your phone on a table or other hard surface and press the trackball and roll it around a bit while the trackball is depressed.  Then pull the battery and reboot.  See if it works a little better.

Doc

I tried that but it doesn't work.

I went to my local Verizon store a few days ago and they will ship me a replacement phone that's covered in my warranty. I guess not too long ago, they would actually replace the trackball but they don't do that anymore for some reason.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

No, they would replace the trackball on the Curve's not the Tour. You dont have to disassemble the Curve to remove the trackball as you do a Tour. This is the main problem I had with my Tour was constant trackball issues. This is one of the main reason the Tour 2 is coming out so quick with the trackpad instead of the trackball.

0 Likes