Both Blackberry Tours on same account have gone dead
SK000000BY

within 15 minutes of each other both mine and my wife's tours have gone completely dead.  Both have plenty of battery life available and neither will do anything now.

I've checked my account with Verizon and don't see anything out of the ordinary.  I'd call them, but we no longer have a working phone in the house.

Anyone have any ideas what's up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Both Blackberry Tours on same account have gone dead
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

You need to be more specific when you say dead....dead as in won't turn on, on but the screen is blank, on but no signal....

Since two phones went  "dead" I'm guessing they are working (on and can move through the menus) but not able to make calls/internet/email, either the account was suspended for past due, or there is an outage. If it's an outage, not much you can do about it. If you want to see if it's the phones you can try turning the connections off and back on, sometimes works depending on the issue.

Honestly, your best bet is to call VZW, you can use skype from your computer!

0 Likes
Re: Both Blackberry Tours on same account have gone dead
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

SK000000BY wrote:

within 15 minutes of each other both mine and my wife's tours have gone completely dead.  Both have plenty of battery life available and neither will do anything now.

I've checked my account with Verizon and don't see anything out of the ordinary.  I'd call them, but we no longer have a working phone in the house.

Anyone have any ideas what's up?

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your phone and I will be happy to look into this issue for you.  Sadie85 is correct, we need to first know specifically what do you mean by "dead".    Did the screen go blank?  Does it give you a message when you try to make a call?

If not, we can certainly still look into this for you online.  Please give me your zip code so I can make sure it was no outage in your area.

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes