Blackberry storm and Skype
bubsy1106

Me and my husband just got new phones, Mine a blackberry tour and his a blackberry storm2. I reason we got the phones was cause my husband is in the military and is overseas and we wanted a way of talking. We we were told about the Global serivce and he went ahead and set that up before he left. We were also told that the best was to talk would be through Skype on our phones and that with the global service we could still do that. We set up our skype acts before he left and the night before he left he did the  *228 to start his Global activation. He called me a few times after he left and it worked just fine until he logged out of Skype on his phone, Now he can't logged back on...Please help. What does he need to do to be able to get Skype to work on his phone?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry storm and Skype
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

bubsy1106 wrote:

Me and my husband just got new phones, Mine a blackberry tour and his a blackberry storm2. I reason we got the phones was cause my husband is in the military and is overseas and we wanted a way of talking. We we were told about the Global serivce and he went ahead and set that up before he left. We were also told that the best was to talk would be through Skype on our phones and that with the global service we could still do that. We set up our skype acts before he left and the night before he left he did the  *228 to start his Global activation. He called me a few times after he left and it worked just fine until he logged out of Skype on his phone, Now he can't logged back on...Please help. What does he need to do to be able to get Skype to work on his phone?

Thank you

Does he get an error message or anything? Is he able to access the internet on his phone? Skype uses the data network when making calls.

0 Likes
bubsy1106

yes I believe he can access the internet . We both have data packages.

0 Likes
fortuacity

Has he tried deleting Skype and then reloading it yet?

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

bubsy1106 wrote:

yes I believe he can access the internet . We both have data packages.

If he is able to access the internet, is he sure he has the correct user name and password for Skype? 

0 Likes
fortuacity

Have him follow these steps and see if this fixes the issue.

1. From the Main Menu click "Options"

2. Click "Applications" (Or click "Advanced Options" and the "Applications")

3. Highlight Skype but DO NOT CLICK the screen.

a. Instead after highlighting the Skype application click the BlackBerry Button to open the menu for the app.

4. Click Edit Permissions

5. Set all the permissions to "Allow"

6. Click the Back button (located by the BlackBerry button)

7. Click Save when the option is offer.

8. Try to Launch the Skype application again.

Let me know how it goes. Tell your husband thank you for serving.

0 Likes