Blackberry Tour Signal Issues ?
jdimitriou

Have the Blackberry Tour and noticed that the phone has a problem holding a signal - even when you are in a strong signal area.  If you watch the signal strenght indicator, it keeps fluctuating from 1X to 1XEV and from 1 to 4 bars of signal.  Also while in Europe and using international access, this was also the case and I often was unable to answer the phone when I received a call.  It would just disconnect.  Although while international, I was able to place calls without a problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour Signal Issues ?
clownin72
Mine is doing the same thing as well but has been stayin locked to 1XEV most the time but even with no bars showin data and everything still works most of that time. Hopefully its a software issue that will be fixed with an OS update
0 Likes
jdimitriou

Thanks for the reply.

I heard the storm had the same issues but was fixed with an upgrade.  I would think they would have resolved something like this before they released the Tour !  :smileyindifferent: Let's see if they do.

Any word on a software upgrade yet ?

0 Likes
clownin72
well thats at least a lil reassuring to know its most likely a software fix and not a phone issue. I have been seeing rumors about the os update popping up so it shouldnt be much longer
0 Likes
travl3820

I just posted a thread regarding total inability to get a call made out in Chandler (three days running), even with full 5 bar signal.   Verizon's message simply wanted to transfer me to an operator who would accept my credit card so I could make the call?????   (I have a nationwide roaming plan).  

I do also see the wavy signal - really quite often!!!   We all need that OS update immediately!

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Menu button>manage connections>mobile Network options>Network technology > 1XEV

0 Likes
jdimitriou

Thanks.. been there.. done that... still same....... its a software glitch...

Thanks for the repy....

:smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
jdimitriou

By the way.. NOT SOLVED.. just clicked the wrong button !!!

:smileymad: 

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Doubt its an OS issue. I saw it once made sure I was running 1XEV only and did a *228 option 2 and have not had it since.

0 Likes
PalmHarbor

I believe it is not your phone but the network. They switched their cell tower frequencies last month to accommodate Altel customers and after having 2 years of problem free signals I have been dropping calls in an area where I never had any problems.  

0 Likes