Blackberry Tour 9630 Issues with Bluetooth and muffled sound
CELLFAN

VZW...I like the service but I cant hear you now, there is no denying the issue. Stop lying to us as customers we are not that stupid.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19349&slic...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 Issues with Bluetooth and muffled sound
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

How were you lied to?

This has nothing to do with VZW directly. It's RIMs software. VZW can only approve/deny updates and make requests for OS revisions.

There was supposed to be a OS update about 30 days post-launch. We're currently past that, so it's another waiting game with VZW and an OS update. But that's the name of the game with any piece of technology and the tangled web of OS developers, device manufacturers and service providers.

On a side note, do you have an 11 minute boot time after pulling your battery? My Tour does. 11 minutes!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I have 2 Tours, courtesy of the BYGO.  No problems at all so far, especially with sound.  I tried battery pulls with both and just under 4 minutes to reboot for both. 

Doc

0 Likes
cyfan2000

I have an 11 minute boot time too.  Plus I have bluetooth problems and muffled sound problems.  I already returned one Tour and just called to get rid of this one and go to an 8830.  Actually I would take my old bberry back at this point which worked!  The Verizon network it tops so I know that's not the problem.  My old bberry would never drop calls and I could talk on speakerphone all day with no on complaining.  With the Tour, speakerphone and bluetooth are unusuable and the handset is muffled at times.  I've also drop about a call a day with the Tour and my old bberry would drop a call every 6 months.  (No kidding.)  In short, it's crap.

0 Likes