Re: Blackberry Style 9670
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I seriously doubt the Style will be picked up by Verizon this late in it's life.  With all the new blackberry phones rumored to be released later this summer (Montana - Bold Touch, Sedona - Next Gen Curve,  Monaco - Full Touch Screen) I would not expect Verizon to bother with the Style. 

We may find out more information next week (May 3-5) at the Blackberry World Conference in Orlando.  We can only hope (never say never), I agree with others, the Style would be a good addition to the Verizon lineup for people that like flip type phones.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I tend to agree.   I check often with phonearena.com and they continue to show it heading for Verizon but the clock seems to be running out.   Everyone around me has the big boxy Androids and while they do everything, let's face it . . . carrying these things around is like carrying a brick  (a brick that needs to be refueled more often than a '60's muscle car).   No one seems to be making a truly compact (folding) Smart Phone and that is why I thought the Style was sufficiently different to warrant Verizon to have brought it in already.   They're loving it over at Sprint for the same reasons.   I just wish Verizon would say something one way or the other.   Big Red sure can be frustrating at times huh?  LOL!

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Well the Blackberry World 2011 convention has come and gone and there wasn't even a mention of this phone by RIM.   I think they are transitioning away from it at this point, so I think it's a dead issue for Verizon as well.   I think it's too bad because not everyone wants a Smart Phone the size of a brick.   I've always preferred a clamshell form factor and will continue to hold out until somebody comes up with one.   I'd love an Android clamshell.   Are you listening Motorola ?  LOL!

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

This will be my final posting on this topic . . . I did discover the brand new Android Samsung W899 but so far it's only heading for China.   It's a clamshell with all the Android upgraded bells and whistles features, except it's not a dual core or LTE.   Actually, I'm rather surprised there are so few LTE phones out for Verizon with quite a few new Androids coming out on Verizon that also will NOT be LTE.    Makes you wonder what may be going on huh?

0 Likes