Re: Blackberry Style 9670
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I hear ya, Theodora! I've tried other smartphone platforms too and they just didn't do it for me.

0 Likes
zyxockjm

I'm also waiting for this phone. I don't see why there aren't more flip phones on verizon. I don't think there is a single flip android phone that verizon has.

Anyways, I heard from somewhere that this phone might come out for verizon by March.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Did anyone here read the rumor on the CrackBerry blog that Alltel may be getting the Style???
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I saw that article on Crackberry earlier today.  You know what that means...mayyyyyyybeee, if we cross our fingers, perhaps Verizon will get the Style.

Doc

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I hope you're not teasing me, Doc. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
RanJon

I read the blog about the Alltel BB Style yesterday, too.  I definitely think there is now some hope for it on Verizon since Alltel is apparently picking it up.  At least that means there was not a totally exclusive agreement between RIM and Sprint on it.  Also, I got a chance to spend some "quality" time with a friend's BB Style (he is on SPRINT) over the holidays, and I really could not find anything that I didn't like about it.  He has had it since its SPRINT launch and he said that he would not swap it for any other phone out there.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

firstlady09 wrote:

I understand your interest in upcoming device available with Verizon Wireless. I recommend signing up for email alerts so that you are one of the first to know what Verizon Wireless has coming out.  https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

The only problems with this suggestion is that you don't get any notifications. I signed up for it and never received notification for the iPhone debut.

0 Likes
Tinarn2

I got to play with the style at a mall kiosk the other day and want it even more than just seeing it online...I hope Verizon gets it. I'm on a family plan and hate to break it up, but the Sprint guy's sales pitch was hot and heavy and it's a great phone. This phone seems like a perfect smartphone upgrade from my Samsung Alias 2 that just passed 2 years old. It maintains the clamshell design and full keyboard and also has a good camera. I bought the alias because I text and mobile web alot but can't imagine talking into a brick (candy bar, or whatever you call those flat devices) when I do need to carry on a conversation. The Alias and Style also both fit well into a pocket and decrease incidence of "pocket dialing".  I think verizon has a perfect market for the Style in customers like me upgrading from flip/text phones like the Alias. Nothing verizon's carrying now seems like it would be as easy of a transition. I really want a smartphone, but hope I don't have to hold out too much longer. .

0 Likes
drkk

Come on, Verizon...bring on the BB style, or ANY flip smartphone.  This type of phone is a must for anyone in construction, or any trades!!  Unfortunately, the trend has gone to ridiculously large touch screens, and away from what a smartphone SHOULD be...a PHONE, with additional capabilities like email, SMS, maps, and browsing when on the go.  I don't need (or want) to watch utube all day or watch full length HD movies on my phone.  I have a droid pro, and this phone is really good, but I can't (and won't) bring this phone to a jobsite, so it sits in my truck, and I'm left having to carry another flip phone with me to take calls.  Bring on the Style, and my problems are solved.  I can't be the only VZ customer that works in the trades and needs a rugged smartphone.   

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello all.   I've been away from the forums for a very long time.   I too want to add my name to the list of people who are seriously interested in this phone.   While I understand that Sprint had some sort of exclusive on it when it was introduced but honestly that HAS to be over by now.     I just wish Verizon would make a decision one way or the other as to what they are going to do with this device.

0 Likes