Blackberry Storm Problems! HELP PLEASE!
behmer24

I purchased a Blackberry Storm off of EBAY. I know probably something i shouldnt do but I just couldnt wait another year to get one. So I set up everything perfectly fine with the Customer Service. And everything was great for about the first two days. Until about the third day where I started to receive messages on my old phone the Curve. Only text messages tho. Email and Facebook still came fine to the Storm. And then I tried making a call and everything i tried would fail. So now I cant receive texts, make calls, or receive calls on my Storm. And all text messages and missed call notifications are coming to me on my Curve. I call the customer service and they seemed pretty confident that they could fix it.... And tried everything but couldnt get it to work. My boss just happened to be friends with a Verizon Manager. So i gave him my phone and he took it and tried absolutely everything to get it to work with no success. Has anyone ever had anything like this before? I ask that because now the guy I bought the phone off of on EBAY will not let me return it. All I want is my money back for a phone that obviously doesnt work. But he refuses and claims that I broke the phone on purpose just so I could send it back. Which is rediculous. 

Any one have any advice other than not to buy a phone off of Ebay. This was my first and last time I do that. Because as of right now I am out of 250 dollars.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm Problems! HELP PLEASE!
behmer24

I just need to know if any has actually had this problem before so I can tell the guy that I bought from on Ebay that I didnt purposely break the phone and this has happened to other people. So I can get my money back. Anyone?

0 Likes
Coachbulldog

I am not familar with the workings of the Storm but if you used Paypal to make your payment for the ebay purchase you should be able to get your money back if the phone is defective. If you are sure it is a phone issue, I would contact Paypal and begin that process.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Yes I have some weird things happen like this. It has never been the phone though. Its been VZ having some wire crossed on setup. I do not know of an phone issue that would do this it has to be some screwup between the ESN and Pins or something. I will forward this to a mod here and see if they can escalate it to help.

0 Likes
WendyM
Moderator Emeritus

I am sorry you are having problems with your phone. The appropriate Verizon Wireless point-of-contact has been made aware of your situation and should be in contact with you soon. Good luck!

-Wendy

0 Likes
behmer24

coachbulldog-

xtremeberry-

Can i return it even though the seller is refusing the return? And I have been contacted and I sent my pin numbers to a rep. early this morning and havent heard anything back. How long would that take to fix? I have had customer service try and fix it, and a verizon manager in person who couldn't fix it. Will this rep who contacted me be able to fix it? 

-

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3
its not your phone...its verizon. btw was your phone brand new? if so you should still have a one year warr on it. i purchased my storm from ebay also. if i have issues i just take to the verizon store and let them fix it. there is no need to tell them you purchased from ebay because they may think its used. i had an issue like this with sprint before. your activation or something didnt go right. they didnt port your number over right and its activated on both devices.its an problem verizon can fix.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Exactly Thats why I was trying to get a mod to escalate it for him. They should just start over and redo his activation on that phone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

behmer24 wrote:

..... Until about the third day where I started to receive messages on my old phone the Curve. ....And all text messages and missed call notifications are coming to me on my Curve.

Why is the old phone still ON?!?  Turn it off and put it away - THEN activate the new one.  Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here--I don't have a BB (yet!) but it seems logical to turn off the old device before trying to activate the new one....having both on would be confusing and cause problems.

Just my $.02

0 Likes