Blackberry Storm 9530 NBC mobile site can't view videos
mwedin

I've been having a problem with my Blackberry Storm and NBC's mobile site.  I use both the browser on the storm and the app from NBC to get to their mobile site and get the errors with both.  I can navigate around the site alright, but I start having problems when I try to view video.  I get two errors.

One is as follows:

HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

The server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason.  Please try loading a different page.  <OK> <Details>

When I click details I get: "Bad Request m.nbc.com:80"

The other error I get is from NBC is:

HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

You are not authorized to view this page.  Please try loading a different page.  <OK> <Details>

When I click details it says:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://kmedia.m.nbc.com/54153/MZ/igwt/longform/200910/nbc_IGWT_eps_s01e08_01208_Newlyweds_092109_981..." on this server.

Reference #18.37a6743f.1261101373.ac2f2de

I've been having this problem since I got my storm a few months ago.  I've read different posts on a few other blogs saying that it's because I live in northern Minnesota and Verizon uses a Canadian proxy server and NBC blocks Canadian proxy servers from viewing video.  This seems odd to me, since I live in the US.  Not Canada. :smileyhappy:

My current settings are:

Browser: Internet Browser

Browser ID: Blackberry

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes