Blackberry Storm 2 Issues- Signal Strength
Bigman

I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with the signal strength but the signal goes from having 5 bars to having no bars at all and then goes back up. Sometimes it stays with no bars for a while. This has been happening outdoors. I bought the phone when it first came out and about a week later I went to the store and it was changed but I'm still having the same problem with the phone. I'm not sure if its the phone or its some software issues. I have also had the issue on calls where the person on the other side can hear me but I can't hear them. This has happened several times.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 2 Issues- Signal Strength
halbeart

make sure that you are not holding your hand near the antenna area if needed.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hey there sorry to hear that, You know this is not normal for signal to drop at no bars I remember having this issue but don't really remember if it was due to registering phone and updating tower signal fix the issue, does make sense though I would try that and see if that solved the problem if not we have to go app wise.
0 Likes
Bigman

Well it doesnt matter how I hold the phone or if I lay it flat, it still Fluctuates in signal strength. I went to Verizon about 2 weeks ago and they changed a setting so it wont jump from tower to tower but it still does the same thing. I have tried *228 to alot of times and it still does it. Im not sure if certain Storm 2 are like that or if they are defective with that issue. I have read other forums with people having the same issue. Not sure if going to another store and getting a new Storm 2 would work. Or if a software upgrade whenever it comes out would do the trick.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
okay so you are in a area where there's signal conflict and tech changed the network selection mode to home only. Now do you have any apps if so let me know what are the names, also what email provider do you have if any. You know how you would know if its really the phone (which I doubt) by wiping everything and test smartphone for a day or so. I Hope You Get This Solved cuas it sucks when that happens you could lose precious calls.
0 Likes
Bigman

The area that I'm in has no problems in regards to signal. I had the LG Voyager  before this phone and never had a problem anywhere. He changed the setting to see if that would fix the problem but it didnt. I do not have many aps. I just have ScoreMobile, Poynt. It happened before I had any aps. As for email I have aol. Thats why I was thinking that it was the phone or maybe when a software upgrade comes out woud fix that

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alright, okay i see, know did you have this problem right when you got phone and had nothing installed on it ?

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

hey Mann, delete AOL email see if that works, I'm not convince it could be software, I had that signal problem
also, not no more, what I did was wipe all phone data, now that is on 9530) on storm 2 not much of a
software difference should work.

0 Likes