Blackberry Messenger Problems
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

If you are a regular user of Blackberry Messenger like I am, you may have noticed some problems.  The problems are with backing up your contacts remotely and changing your avatar picture in Messenger.  I found out that RIM is aware of the problem and is working on the problem and hopes to have it up and running soon.  Messenger still works as far as chatting back and forth as far as I can tell.  Here is an article about the problem.  Hopefully they will have Messenger up and running soon.  Thought I would pass this tid bit along to you.

Doc

Ps  Thanks to Lowflyer for bringing this to my attention

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Messenger Problems
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Looks like Blackberry has things back up and running on Blackberry Messenger.  Everything seems to be working as it is supposed to work. 

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
That's a major burn, yo. I linked that article this morning in our BBM Group chat. Thanks, Doc.
0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

maybe its just me...but ive noticed that when other blackberry users  "text" me...it shows up as a new BB Messenger message and not SMS.

Only when non-BB users text me does it show up SMS.

Is this happening to anyone else? 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

A text/SMS is totally different from Blackberry Messenger. So the other Blackberry users are probably just use BBM to message you instead of actually sending you a SMS.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Looks like Blackberry has things back up and running on Blackberry Messenger.  Everything seems to be working as it is supposed to work. 

Doc

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi, all,

If you are a regular user of Blackberry Messenger like I am, you may have noticed some problems.  The problems are with backing up your contacts remotely and changing your avatar picture in Messenger.  I found out that RIM is aware of the problem and is working on the problem and hopes to have it up and running soon.  Messenger still works as far as chatting back and forth as far as I can tell.  Here is an article about the problem.  Hopefully they will have Messenger up and running soon.  Thought I would pass this tid bit along to you.

Doc

Ps  Thanks to Lowflyer for bringing this to my attention

And I would like to personally thank Chileman for bringing it to my attention as I was going nuts.  Link provided by Chile FTW!!!

0 Likes