Blackberry/MAC users rejoice....
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Looks like RIM is finally going to make a good effort to provide a native desktop solution for syncing your Blackberry to your Apple computer. The folks over at Engadget have information about Blackberry Desktop Manager coming to Mac sometime in September. So be sure to check out their site, along with Crackberry.com and RIM directly for further updates.

This one has been a long time coming..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry/MAC users rejoice....
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Joy!

I've been grumbling about this since day one of getting my storm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Joy!

I've been grumbling about this since day one of getting my storm.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
People interested in this can now go to www.blackberry.com/mac to sign up for more information once it becomes available.
0 Likes
anderson5420

So...any news on the problem for Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) users?  I have a Macbook and an iMac that are each 3 years old, and I am not inclined to spend a ton of money to go to Leopard or Snow Leopard JUST to sync my BlackBerry or use the BlackBerry as a USB  tethered modem, especially since Bluetooth tethering is working great with Tiger on the Macbook.  I have used PocketMac to transfer iTunes to the phone but I would LIKE to have both a VZAccessManager and a Desktop Manager for my BlackBerry that runs on Tiger...

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I doubt any money will be spent on developing support for older Mac OS.

0 Likes
lyndarva

I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate the Mac sync software.  The Backup Assistant is very slightly better.  The software still functions like it is made for PC not Mac.  For instance, when you sync an IPhone with a Mac, it is a true sync with options.  The first and last time I used the Mac sync software from Verizon it wiped out my contacts.

0 Likes