Re: Blackberry Keyone
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Dick Lewis wrote:

DONUT_1216 wrote:

Will Verizon EVER sell or support any BLACKBERRY products such as the KEYONE. If so, when ??

With all the confusion and some replies a bit off track, I'm replying to original post.

At this stage, it is not likely that VZW will decide to sell the KEYone.

Also we may not see the Motion either, TCL/BlackBerryMobile hasn't even released a CDMA version yet.

Motion GSM has all the correct bandwidths, but haven't read anyone using one on VZW.

In my reply number 3, I mentioned I purchased the GSM/CDMA unlocked version from Best Buy.,

Verizon SIM inserted, activated on VZW without a hitch.

Hopefully with two new models announced for 2018, we will see some BlackBerry love from Verizon.

No confusion merely pointing out that ANY phone to be able to be on Verizon's network it has to have  the proper LTE bands which include band 13 and support Verizon's VoLTE which mean it has to go through Verizon's certification process. If Blackberry doesn't not wish to do that, that is on BLACKBERRY not Verizon.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

boringusername wrote:

Dick Lewis wrote:

None of those phones have any interest for me. I am BlackBerry fan.

My post wasn't meant for YOU look at whose post I was responding to( hint NOT you ). not everything is about YOU.

It was just a response. To be honest, I didn't notice whom you quoted.

Blame it on very old age.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

boringusername wrote:

Dick Lewis wrote:

DONUT_1216 wrote:

Will Verizon EVER sell or support any BLACKBERRY products such as the KEYONE. If so, when ??

With all the confusion and some replies a bit off track, I'm replying to original post.

At this stage, it is not likely that VZW will decide to sell the KEYone.

Also we may not see the Motion either, TCL/BlackBerryMobile hasn't even released a CDMA version yet.

Motion GSM has all the correct bandwidths, but haven't read anyone using one on VZW.

In my reply number 3, I mentioned I purchased the GSM/CDMA unlocked version from Best Buy.,

Verizon SIM inserted, activated on VZW without a hitch.

Hopefully with two new models announced for 2018, we will see some BlackBerry love from Verizon.

No confusion merely pointing out that ANY phone to be able to be on Verizon's network it has to have the proper LTE bands which include band 13 and support Verizon's VoLTE which mean it has to go through Verizon's certification process. If Blackberry doesn't not wish to do that, that is on BLACKBERRY not Verizon.

Very well aware that any phone to work on Verizon needs their certification.

Also aware what are and how the different bandwidths work.

BlackBerryMobile, not BlackBerry is the make in conjunction with TCL. Blackberry doesn't make phones anymore.

My reply was to the OP, I added what I thought was a simple reply that there would be no KEYone sold by Verizon. Plus hopefully Verizon will start selling and supporting these phones again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a long time Blackberry fan myself, Dick, I definitely understand wanting to know if Verizon will sell or support Blackberry in the future. While we don't have any announcements at this time regarding selling Blackberry devices, many 4g devices are supported by Verizon. You indicated that you recently purchased and activated an unlocked Blackberry phone on our network. Many unlocked 4g devices will work on our network. You can always reach out to Verizon with the IMEI of the device to ensure that the phone you are interested in purchasing will work on our network. To activate a phone you can go to vzw.com/activate. Does this help clarify your concerns? -Ryan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs,

That is an excellent question when it comes to service with Verizon. I definitely understand the importance of having compatibility with other devices and flexibility to be able to use the device where and when you need it.

I am always keeping an eye out as well for the latest and greatest devices. While I can't necessarily speak to other carriers devices and if they are going to launch on our network, I can provide you with a great tool that will verify if the device can be activated on our network. With this link ( http://spr.ly/6589Dr1sW ), specifically under General Information, #3, you will be able to check if a device from another carrier can be activated on your Verizon account.

We are always here to assist and answer any question that you may have about your Verizon Wireless services. With the information that I have provided, does this help clear up the details?

RyanCo_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to be able to use any device with the best service possible. To confirm if your phone will activate with our network, we do provide an ESN eligibility check: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes