Blackberry Internet problems
Amybradyfan

I've had internet problems on my blackberry for four days now.  I can't access anything (not even getting email pushes).  I called verizon on Sunday and was told that they are having mobile internet issues on the east coast and did not have an estimated time of resolution.  I'm not sure if you're on the east coast or not but, if so, perhaps it's part of your issue.  I get a message saying that there is "insufficient network coverage".

{moved post to its own thread}

Message Edited by BradC on 03-24-2009 08:29 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Internet problems
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

That issue regarding data outage was slated as resolved later that evening (March 22nd). I would make sure your blackberry is re-regsitered and programmed to ensure you are properly connected and synced with all systems.

Outside of the basic *228 + Send and Option 1 from your phone. Try making sure the blackberry is registered properly.

Go to Options

Go to Advanced Options

Go to host routing table

Push blackberry menu key (left of track ball or back key on the storm)

Select "Register Now"

This will re-send authentication to the BIS (Blackberry Internet Services) which may help with your issue.

Outside of that, it would then be worth contacting the Data Technical Support team via 1-800-922-0204, and selecting Technical Support.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

That issue regarding data outage was slated as resolved later that evening (March 22nd). I would make sure your blackberry is re-regsitered and programmed to ensure you are properly connected and synced with all systems.

Outside of the basic *228 + Send and Option 1 from your phone. Try making sure the blackberry is registered properly.

Go to Options

Go to Advanced Options

Go to host routing table

Push blackberry menu key (left of track ball or back key on the storm)

Select "Register Now"

This will re-send authentication to the BIS (Blackberry Internet Services) which may help with your issue.

Outside of that, it would then be worth contacting the Data Technical Support team via 1-800-922-0204, and selecting Technical Support.

Regards

0 Likes
Amybradyfan
Thanks for letting me know that the network issue was over.  I tried the suggestions that you gave but still had no service so I called tech support as you suggested.  The man that I spoke with was very helpful and got me working again.
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

Good to hear. When in doubt, it's always worth a call to the techs, as they have access to Blackberry admin tools that allow them to assist more than just the basics of re-registering. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes