Re: Blackberry Email outage fixed
katieyhip

NOT FIXED! Day #4 of "There is Insufficient Network Coverage to process your request" At $30 bucks a month, I am wondering when the refund will be credited to my account for all of the days I am without coverage...I thought it was illegal to charge for a service you are not providing. So far, I am expecting a $4 credit and if it continues additional days, I will need additional credits as well.

0 Likes
Jeff_in_TN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please be sure to let us all know how this works out for you!!!

katieyhip wrote:

NOT FIXED! Day #4 of "There is Insufficient Network Coverage to process your request" At $30 bucks a month, I am wondering when the refund will be credited to my account for all of the days I am without coverage...I thought it was illegal to charge for a service you are not providing. So far, I am expecting a $4 credit and if it continues additional days, I will need additional credits as well.

0 Likes
preludedude

Ok, same thing here, tried battery pull, reregister, and service books....no go.  Went into my email setup and reentered my passwords for all email accounts. FIXED! I just received a slew of emails from the last 4 days!

Hope this helps someone else out as it worked for me!

0 Likes
dakota122106

Still not working....  It's been 4 days now w/ no email.  Not super happy that I'm paying for the service but not getting any email!

0 Likes
katieyhip

Glad to hear resetting your passwords help, since I can't access the mobile web that isn't an option for me. On with Verizon now to fix...

0 Likes
katieyhip

Finally fixed!!! Silly me thought that you were supposed to leave the battery in the phone...I didn't realize you were supposed to yank it out every 1-1.5 hours, reinsert it, than restart your phone in order to utilize the mobile web! What was I thinking??? Leave a battery in a phone, that is CRAZY. 

So incredibly glad that I have a high quality piece of machinery that functions well!!!

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Try these steps if your email isn't working as of yet.  If these steps do not work please call into Customer Service for further help;

Re-Register the device on the network

To register a BlackBerry smartphone over the wireless network, complete the following steps:

1.      On the Home screen, go to Options, or click Settings > Options.

2.Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry® Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry smartphone.

3.      Complete the step associated with the BlackBerry Device Software version you are running:

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5.0, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.

1.Note: Some BlackBerry smartphone users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.

2.      Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry smartphone connects to the wireless network.

Remove and re-insert the battery of your wireless device

1.      Power your device off.

2.      Completely remove the battery and wait for approximately 10 seconds.

3.      Re-insert the battery and power the device on.

0 Likes
laneverizion

I just wanted to let everyone know that my blackberry was fixed once I called Technical Support and they resent my service books.   For some reason - the instant I hung up with Tech Support and they did that one step, all of my email has been working just fine ever since.

Best to everyone who has been having problems.

0 Likes
SherraK

I also have the Tour-just did this and am now receiving my e-mails and facebook updates:

Menu

Setup

Email Settings

Menu

Service Books

Send Service Books

Hope it works as well for you!!

0 Likes