Blackberry Bold 9650 Software Update Version: 5.0.0.732
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I've got word that starting tomorrow, 6/11/2010 there will be an OTA software update available for the Blackberry Bold 9650. The update pushes the version to .732.

It's a minor update with two bug fixes:

1. enhancements and improvements to the PTT functionality, including improving audio performance.

2. Improvements and fixes for the messaging function. Including a fix for the known issue of the device displaying an unread message count even though all messages have been marked as read.

Users should receive notification of the update sometime tomorrow evening. Around 6-7pm Eastern Time. As always, make sure all your personal information is backed up. To complete the OTA update you'll need at least 50% battery and about 30 minutes to 1 hour of free time to complete the update.

Of course if you don't get the OTA notification you can always manually install the update using Blackberry Desktop Manager or the Blackberry Web Loader -- both are available from Blackberry.com

You can also find more information from VZW directly ---> http://support.vzw.com/system_update/bb_bold.html

As always, I'll be digging around to see if I can find a more detailed changelog - if one exists.

Good luck!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 Software Update Version: 5.0.0.732
NickJacobs

What a slap in the face to us Tour owners. Put on the back burner for a messed up .591 update! We probably will never see the leaked versions .643 or .662 become a final release for the Tour, but the Bold is so new and minor glitch they get a patch out so quick!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Wow, an update file so soon after releasing a device.  Thanks for passing the info along, NmChileman.  I recall 1 or 2 posts about some minor glitches with the Bold, so hopefully that will be addressed. 

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

NickJacobs wrote:

What a slap in the face to us Tour owners. Put on the back burner for a messed up .591 update! We probably will never see the leaked versions .643 or .662 become a final release for the Tour, but the Bold is so new and minor glitch they get a patch out so quick!

Control yourself and don't be so impatient. You're right...you'll never see the .643 or .662 versions. The Tour will be updated to .732 on 6/14/2010 just like the Bold. So quit yer whining.

I wonder how disappointed you'll be when you realize your Tour won't be updated to 6.0

0 Likes