Blackberry 8330 Sync Problem
LSmith

I was told to update my desktop software and after I did my calendar did not sync properly. Is it possible to sync my Blackberry and tell it not to erase any past appointments from my calendar. If so how do I do it and what version of the Desktop Manager should I be using?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 8330 Sync Problem
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello LSmith,

Check this link out:

http://community.vzw.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=BlackBerry&thread.id=1683 

After reading this link and you still have some questions about how to navigate through your Desktop Manager Settings, PM me and I'll do my best to help you with your issue.

The version of Desktop Manager you should have is 4.7.0.32

If you need a clean version...Here is the link for that

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx

Good Luck...Hope this helps.

Regards, Michael 

Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-25-2009 09:14 AM
0 Likes
LSmith

If I have v4.5.0.77 on my phone is 4.7 the correct version to have on my desktop? Shouldn't they match?

I use to be able to sync my calendar both ways and not have any issues. Since I upgraded the phone to 4.5 I have had all sorts of issues. I need to be able to sync from desktop to handheld and handheld to desktop.

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hey LSmith,

Your numbers are good.  Looks like you have the latest Official Software version for your Curve. So it looks like you have 4.7 v software for Desktop Manager. Should be Okay.

I would try to resetting the configuration of the Synchronization settings.

Open Desktop Manager. Select Synchronization. Under the title Synchronize in the middle of the screen, make sure the only box checked is the box that says synchronize organizer data. Then to the left of that you should see the title configure. Select synchronization. From here select reset. Now select Synchronization above the reset configuration tab. Follow the wizard to select which componets of Office you want to synchronize. So when your finished you need to be back on the main Synchronization screen. In this screen you should select the tab Synchronize. It should be beside the box that you checked for synchronizing organizer data.

Hope this helps....

regards, Michael 

0 Likes