Re: BlackBerry and Verizon
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's objective about defending a company who offers a product, but then refuses to assist customers in getting it?  How can that be defended with any semblance of validity?  You cited popularity and market share and commissions and marketing...again...if the company offers the product and customers come in and specifically ask for it...assist them in obtaining it.  Your "objectivity" was to give possible reasons why the sales staff in two stores kicked me to the curb.  I'm not trying to pick an argument with you, but quite honestly, I'm shocked that a Verizon rep hasn't piped in on this thread with an apology or a comment of any kind. 

You seem to be their only defender. 

I think I've said enough.  The experience was a real eye-opener. 

Snn5
Legend

I'm not defending, only giving an explanation as to why people do what they do.  I also stated that you are right:  they offer, they should sell.  You must know by now that all carriers, companies, stores of any kind, type or service do these things as it's just corporate America.  By stating the reasons and also seeing it your way I am objective.  To better communicate between a company and a customer, both sides must be seen and understood.  When you can see it from both sides, you can better prepare to offer a service or purchase a service.

Snn5
Legend

In other news, this looks fun, under-powered, but the screen is finally 5 inches.  BlackBerry's next smartphone leaks out in new photos | TechnoBuffalo

HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

They do sell devices on their website but in order to purchase one that works on a specific carrier.  If you want to use the phone on Verizon, you have to purchase a device with CDMA or it won't work on their network. 

0 Likes
HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has been dissing BB for years now.  My theory is that the don't like the fact that the Playbook could Bridge to the phone and then you didn't have to pay extra to use your tablet.  As I remember, they never carried the Playbook and, after it came out, their support of BB went down every year. 

They really went big for iPhone and Androids.  Neither are for me.  I am a certified Crackberry. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Office Depot tried like all get out to sell that Playbook.  We could never get it to operate correctly.  We tried several, then the company said, "Too much liability, cease it."  So, poof it was gone. 

0 Likes